Probable Fake General's Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probable Fake General's Tunic

The tunic shown here is a converted TGL 1970 dated officer's tunic. When it was converted is anyone's guess. The fact that the red piping (it really is red, it is my camera flash that makes it look pink in some shots), aiguillette, collar tabs, buttons and shoulder boards are all original DDR items leads me to believe it was converted for every day wear by the general. But without any provenance we have to treat it like a fake. Unfortunately for me, when I bought it in 2006, (along with the Hemdbluse and pants shown in my earlier posts, which have turned out to be good), I didn't know any better and it was many months before I discovered the hard truths. I share it here so others can learn from my mistake.
    Attached Files

Repiped officer tunics being made up to look like generals have been showing up for years. There was one at the last MAX show . The buttons look metal and not aluminum. If metal could you post fotos of the front and back. It might be a clue as to where this tunic originated.

Comment

Thanks for taking the to post your tunic to show others.
      Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Hello, so this jacket has the common factory stamps on the left inside lining,?

Comment

Originally posted by seb16trs View Post
          Hello, so this jacket has the common factory stamps on the left inside lining,?
          Yes, it has the typical TGL stamp inside the inside breast pocket the the date for 1st quarter 1970. Here are also a couple closeups of the buttons.
          Attached Files

Comment

The only one that ever had used / sold buttons like these was dealer lastfrontline in Illinois who specialized in east German generals uniforms .he sold good original items mixed with bad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X