Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    The label in the tunic above. The coat appears to be the standard one worn by the THW.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    The Deutsche Bundespost also had its own Katastrophen organization until 1995. These uniforms pictures were taken from an earlier thread. I believe Hoover posted these pictures originally.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    I found some pictures on the net that I think will add to this thread, as esoteric as it is! Some of the photos were very small and suffer in quality from being expanded. Note that there are no lightning bolts on the cap badge as there are on the buttons. The lightning bolts relate the fact that the DBP was also responsible for telephones and telegraph until these were spun off into Deutsche Telecom.

Regards,

Gordon

The hat worn with the early blue uniform.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Torsten,

I found a picture on the net which indicates that the badge on the lower sleeve of you tunic is that of a driver. This picture is from the DBP Fahrschule.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Torsten,

Thanks for the pictures. I have no reference for the badge shown on the lower sleeve of your tunic. It could be for a driver but I don't know for sure.

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    the remains of the hanger
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    the buttons
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    I have now taken pics of my jacket. There is only part of the hanger loop left, but the date 1958 is still present. The buttons are of particularly good quality. I assume the lower sleeve patch is for a driver? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    Hi Gordon, thank you very much for posting these pics from your collection. The one I have is like the first one you posted and in addition to the post horn patch it also has what I assume to be a driver's patch lower down on the sleeve. Cheers, Torsten.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    The post emblem on the sleeve is the same as the earlier jacket. The other picture shows the only tag in the uniform.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    The other jacket in my collection appears to date from a later period but that is only a guess. Possibly the 70s. There are no maker marks in the jacket. The buttons have a design on them but do not show the post emblem.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    The makers name and date on the hanger at the neck plus the arm badge of the West German Postal service. I have no rank charts for this organization so I do not know of their badge indicates rank or simply indicates a member of the Post.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Gentlemen,

My BRD Postal tunics. The first onw is dark blue double breasted tunic. The small cloth hanger at the neck has the makers name on it and is date 1961.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
    Torsten,

I have one BRD Postal tunic. It is not dated, and I belive most of them are not, but I think it is an early version possibly from the 50/50s. I'll try and get it out and take some photos tomorrow.

Regards,

Gordon
    Hi Gordon, thank you very much. I will also post pics of the jacket I have once I have taken them. Cheers, Torsten.

Leave a comment:

• torstenbel
    replied
    Originally posted by uscob View Post
    Most of my Tunics are dated on the little hanger Strap in the Neck of the Jacket.
    I think the earliest is dated 1954, but I also have some 1020's ones.
    The hanger on the one I have is partly missing, but I can still make out 959 on it and I would guess then that means that it is 1959 manufacture? The buttons are pretty good quality and are made by Assmann. Cheers, Torsten.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X