• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towarish
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
    Philipp,

My trip to Europe is probably not going to happen this year. I've had a lot of medical problems since last October. I just get over one thing when something else major happens. Thanks for asking. Perhaps 2012.

Regards,

Gordon
    Gordon,

I wish you a speedy recovery and godspeed!
    All the best,

Philipp

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Philipp,

My trip to Europe is probably not going to happen this year. I've had a lot of medical problems since last October. I just get over one thing when something else major happens. Thanks for asking. Perhaps 2012.

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Towarish
    replied
    Hey there Gordon,
    any news regarding your trip?

Regards,
    Philipp

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Kevin,

Thanks for your comments. So much to see and so little time!

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• ehrentitle
    replied
    I visited both the International Maritime Museum in Hamberg and the Marinemuseum in Dänholm at the end of 2009. Both are great museums. The Dänholm museum is a must see for East German Volksmarine collectors. Although it covers other areas to include WWI, WWII and Bundesmarine, it's a small museum that is a bit off the beaten path. The International Maritime Museum is huge an covers all aspects of German civil and military naval history. Even though I spent several hours there I only saw a small fraction of the museum.
    Last edited by ehrentitle; 01-15-2011, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Johan,

Thanks for the latest museum. To see all of these interesting places would take two (perhaps more) trips. Plus there are several museums that have not been mentioned yet that I would like to visit.

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Dallasfan
    replied
    Hi Gordon

There is also a Marinemuseum in Dänholm in the former DDR ( near Rügen )
    This is the museum where they have the Volksmarine Schellenbaum .

http://marinemuseum-daenholm.beepwor...bum?aid=115284

Regards , Johan

Leave a comment:

• Collectinsteve
    replied
    4-5 weeks? To have that much vacation time I'd probably have to be in Europe already The last time I had 2 weeks off in a row as 1997. We Americans really don't know how to take care of ourselves.

Steve

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
    Gordon,

reading all these proposals your trip needs to last 4 - 5 weeks ...

Regards,

Jens

Leave a comment:

• Gran Sasso
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
    I'll have to get my maps out and do some logistical planning for locations of museums and try and get some kind of an idea of what is do-able.
    If you need some help for making a plan, let me know. I have done simular trips in the past 20 years all over europe.

Leave a comment:

• Asbjoern
    replied
    Gordon,

reading all these proposals your trip needs to last 4 - 5 weeks ...

Regards,

Jens

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for the suggestions for museums to visit.

Steve,

I've always wanted to visit the Panzer museum in in Munster. I've trolled their site numerous times. It would be great to have some fellow forum memebers along on the trip and very helpful to have their input as to places they would like to visit. I'll have to get my maps out and do some logistical planning for locations of museums and try and get some kind of an idea of what is do-able.

Phil,

It would be great to meet you in person. No real idea yet as to where in Germany I/we will be on this proposed trip. Depends who intends to sign on and where they want to go.

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Towarish
    replied
    Gordon,
    If you are going to Munich, please let me know.

Maybe I can catch you there for a few beers

Cheers,
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• Gran Sasso
    replied
    Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
    There is new navy museum at Hamburg, the biggest collection in europe, if not the world.
    Here is the link:

http://www.peter-tamm-sen.de/

Leave a comment:

• Collectinsteve
    replied
    I've got Polizei friends in S-H that I've wanted to visit, along with a good friend in Copenhagen and northern Belgium. So for me a trip to northern Germany would be enticing.

The significant museums I can think of up in that area are the BGS Museum in Lübeck and, not terribly far away, Panzermuseum Munster.

http://www.luebeck.de/tourismus/kult...utz/index.html
    http://www.panzermuseum-munster.de/

Considering that where I live is 4 hours to the nearest large city, these two museums are right on top of each other

There is also apparently some other museum in Lübeck related to Cold War border control:

http://www.luebeck.de/tourismus/kult...tup/index.html

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Craig
    replied
    Gran Sasso,

Thanks again for this information.

Regards,

Gordon

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X