• Show
Clear All

Comment

Wartime versions

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post

Kampfschwimmer.

How should I translate this? Combat swimmer ...

Comment

roger....ramjet...if you notice it has above and below the fish head, and above the tail some oxidation to the bullion. Like it was near saltwater. Doesnt appear to have been stitched on. Somewhere i have a german uniform shirt or top that was attached to some deep see exploration crew. I think it has a diving bell or helmet patch on it and some other patches that appear like ww2 versions. I think it has a few missing also. where its at, i am unsure as i am as organized as a few other forum members. Just thought id post the fishie patch since i didnt see one in your batch. Nice collection you have there ...someday the future collectibles will be the west german stuff. It all has its day.

Comment

The Kampfschwimmer of the German Navy for a long time (before there was a Kommando Spezialkräfte of the Army) were the elite soldiers of the Bundeswehr. Mine diver training, Einzelkämpfer (single combat warrior) training and then paratrooper training. You find the badge with only the swordfish on the uniform of the mine divers, for the Kampfschwimmer the parachute was added.

Search in the net for a pic of the current German Navy C-in-C (Inspekteur der Marine), he is a former Kampfschwimmer.

Comment

Vizeadmiral Wolfgang Nolting.

Link to his CV:

http://www.marine.de/portal/a/marine...%2Fcontent.jsp

Comment

Thanks ....i checked it out but the photo wouldnt blow up, but i think its the one on his right top breast, so am i to understand .. that patch is now non current, and replaced by another style patch , as thats what i am reading into what you are suggesting. I will have to look for the other shirt or tunic , and see what is on it as it seems it was from some exploring vessel , and might be something they may want to see here onthis thread. Thanks for taking the time to point out the C in C . the shirt is a very small size. I found it one time at a swap meet i think.

Comment

The badge is still current.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                      Thanks ....i checked it out but the photo wouldnt blow up, but i think its the one on his right top breast, so am i to understand .. that patch is now non current, and replaced by another style patch , as thats what i am reading into what you are suggesting. I will have to look for the other shirt or tunic , and see what is on it as it seems it was from some exploring vessel , and might be something they may want to see here onthis thread. Thanks for taking the time to point out the C in C . the shirt is a very small size. I found it one time at a swap meet i think.
                      juoneen,

Here is a picture of the Admiral in a larger size. The badge under discussion is much more visible here.

Regards,

Gordon
                      Attached Files

Comment

Metal versus Cloth badges

Great thread with lots of good photos. My question is if the wear of cloth or metal versions of any of the badges shown in this thread was up to the preference of the individual, or if there are regulations that say when metal badges are worn on the uniform and when cloth badges can be worn?

Comment

On combat dresses machine-woven cloth badges are worn.

On the walk-out dress You can choose between cloth and metal badges. Whatever You like.

Comment

Here are various versions of the "Personal im allegemeinen Heeresdienst" badge.

How does one qualify for this badge?

Thanks - TJ
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here are badges for the Kompaniefeldwebel (top) and Feldjaeger (bottom).

Actually, does the gold coloration on the Kompaniefeldwebel badge make it Schiffswachtmeister badge, i.e. the naval equivalent?

Are feldjaegers popular in today's Bundeswehr?

Thanks - TJ
                              Attached Files

Comment

More Marine ratings; I'll look these up tomorrow. Who wore the small ones?

TJ
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X