No announcement yet.

The Bundeswehr M1 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of this being a NBC cover makes some sense. It is plastic and makes decontamination much easier. I don't understand the vent holes at all. I don't see what good they do no matter what the cover's purpose is.

Unless someone finds a definitive answer to the question, or another interesting theory, I am going to think of this as a NBC item for my own purposes.

Steve

P.S. I am glad you have more space!

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
      The idea of this being a NBC cover makes some sense. It is plastic and makes decontamination much easier. I don't understand the vent holes at all. I don't see what good they do no matter what the cover's purpose is.

Unless someone finds a definitive answer to the question, or another interesting theory, I am going to think of this as a NBC item for my own purposes.

Steve

P.S. I am glad you have more space!
      Sadly not, it was just for 10 day's for soritng.
      Last Day of sorting I did a 24hr. shift to get everything back into the original 300sqm. Now I'm sick in Bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        Bernhard,

Nice thread and a good addition to the West German helmet thread that we had running a few weeks ago. If memory serves me correctly, Baer says that the first issue of BW helmets were purchased from Belgium and would therefore have had Belgian liners. Do you have any of these helmets in your collection?

Regards,

Gordon
        Hi Gordon ,
        I just stumbled across this pic of a helmet today and it is quite interresting ! The helmet shell has the stamp of the Belgian Army and was made by the
        Linneman und Schnetzer Company in 1955 ! So it was the other way round . Belgium did buy helmets from Germany and not the other way .

Regards

Bernhard
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Bernhard,

Good to hear from you again. Interesting stamp. Learn something new everyday!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X