Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark 1 HSAT para helmet real or fake

Hi,

This helmet is from Australia and the person said he bought it at a car boot sale.
    He said it’s been refurbished.

Sweatband is missing, chinstrap has been period modified which was normal. Says it’s 1942.

Is it original or fake?

If original, how much is it worth?

Thanks in advance!

These are the only pictures I have of it..
    Attached Files

If it’s been refurbished then its not “original” and to me personally worthless . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Not one I would buy.
      Regards,

Des

Comment

It is an original fibre rim helmet shell, but it has been repainted and fitted with what appears to be a replacement fibre rim. Picture #3 shows a large vertical crack on the left hand side. I doubt the crown pad is original. It has been modified to webbing straps by drilling a hole at the back in the center. Part of the liner that would show the date has been cut off.

It would suit a reenactor I suppose but for me as a collector it has very little value.

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
          It is an original fibre rim helmet shell, but it has been repainted and fitted with what appears to be a replacement fibre rim. Picture #3 shows a large vertical crack on the left hand side. I doubt the crown pad is original. It has been modified to webbing straps by drilling a hole at the back in the center. Part of the liner that would show the date has been cut off.

It would suit a reenactor I suppose but for me as a collector it has very little value.

Luc
          Yeah, thanks for the reply

Comment

I truly hope you didn’t buy this one.

Regards

Allan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X