• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or fake named medals?

Are these named medals real?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324376943018

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154203356358

Same seller, different accounts. He's known for faking engravings, but are these real, or are only the medals real?

The naval group's buy it now price is absurd and the poor photos make it hard to determine if the medals looks authentic. While most WWII medals were issued unnamed, some were privately named at the recipient's expense.
    Too may questions at this point for me, to have any confidence in this group.
    As to the Polish/RAF group, starting an auction with these medals ( IF authentic!) at such a low price seems crazy. "Medal Yearbook 2020 " lists a 1939-1945 Star with Battle of Britain clasp value at 1800-200 pounds just by itself.
    According to "Battle over Britain" by Francis Mason, Glowacki, A. was a SGT Pilot with 501 Squadron, joining 4 August, 1940 & slightly wounded 31 August, 1940. He was credited with 8 victories during the Battle of Britain, awarded the DFM, later commissioned & awarded the DFC.
    An authentic group for him, including the DFM & DFC would be worth , I'm guessing, at least 25000 pounds, maybe more.
    The Battle of Britain Clasp is often faked, or course.
    If you do not yet belong, I suggest joining the British Medals Forum & posting these groups. They should prove helpful, but asking for prices is a no no there.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

The clasps on the alleged Polish group are terrible fakes.
      Steer clear
      G

Comment

I posted the medals on British Medals Forum & the opinions are all negative.
        Also, Glowacki's original medal group, including his gallantry awards & Polish medals, are actually on display at the Sikorski Institute in London!
        Stay away from this seller!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thank you very much for helping to expose the fakes! It's what I thought then. He sells nothing but fakes, and spreds them out over his eBay accounts. Here are five of his accounts, but he may have more:

2015ukdomo
          saigon1990
          akvilantonevivut-0
          necesito16
          hanoi2020

He changes the names of his accounts when they get a bad rep, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by PH1 View Post
            Thank you very much for helping to expose the fakes! It's what I thought then. He sells nothing but fakes, and spreds them out over his eBay accounts. Here are five of his accounts, but he may have more:

2015ukdomo
            saigon1990
            akvilantonevivut-0
            necesito16
            hanoi2020

He changes the names of his accounts when they get a bad rep, so keep that in mind.
            Yes, and Ebay doesn't care. The sanctimonious, money grubbing hypocrites only care about collecting their fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post

Yes, and Ebay doesn't care. The sanctimonious, money grubbing hypocrites only care about collecting their fees.
              Ebay is a disgrace. Not only are they allowing obvious fraud going on, but also objects that aren't allowed to be sold on the platform in the first place, like replica coins which this guy sell a lot of and he even say openly in the listings that they are. It's possible that Ebay refuse to act because he has very good feedback. I can't believe some buyers who give him Positives and then say things like "Turned out to be a fake, but returned it and got my money back".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X