Multiple photos per post using WAF as your host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple photos per post using WAF as your host

It's possible to use the WAF photo-album features to post multiple photos per thread without using an external photo-host.

Here's how to do it.

1. In your profile page, go down to the lower right side where it says "Albums." In the photo below, the green arrow points to mine. I only have one album (in this photo): 1939 EK2s. If you have no albums, you will have to create one and upload your photos. It seems that each album has space for 60 photos. When you create the album, you must leave it on "public," or the photos will not be displayed to anyone but you.

2. Once you have all your photos uploaded there, open it up by clicking on the album's name. Photos are displayed on a page as shown below. Just click on the first photo you want to add to your post:

3. This brings up the photo on a page as shown below. Underneath the photo is a field called "Picture url" (shown with green arrow). Copy the url information from this field:

4. Go to your posting box. Type in whatever you want. When you want to add a photo, put the cursor where you want it (below it's shown between two lines of text), and click the "Insert image" button shown with the green arrow below:

5. This brings up a dialog box in which you paste the url you copied before:

6. Now click "OK" and the image is inserted into your post. It looks like this:

You can do this as many times as you want per post.

This method has a number of benefits in my opinion:
    • Photos can be interspersed with text in single posts, allowing a presentation of items in progression (like this post).
    • As the photos are hosted on this forum, there is no chance they will be taken down unexpectedly, censored, or hosted on a page that also hosts malware, annoying popups, or anything else. Mods+admin should like this.
    • You can post each photo from your collection just once, and add it to any thread whenever you want. This can be done an unlimited number of times with a single upload per photo.

Unfortunately this does not address the problem of people intentionally removing their own photos, as this can still be done in an album. Also, the album's photos are rather smaller than the ones permitted in threads.

To address these two issues, photos would have to be all uploaded to a thread, not an album, and then linked as above.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Great information! I would only ask--how did you find time to work this out? Are the size limits much smaller or are the images still sufficient for most threads?
    Thanks!
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
      Great information! I would only ask--how did you find time to work this out? Are the size limits much smaller or are the images still sufficient for most threads?
      Thanks!
      Erich
      Well, I've been on a mission to figure out how to post multiple photos per post since I heard that mods+admin were considering banning external hosts. So I'm trying to convince them to allow photo hosting if the host's url begins with http://www.wehrmacht-awards.

Yes, the photo size is a little problem. Here is a thread which shows the maximum photo size. You can see, it's okay. To do the same exact thing with larger photos, you'd need to set up a thread somewhere on the forum dedicated to hosting your images, and then link to them from there. This would be my preference, but mods+admin would probably have to allocate an area for this.

Thanks for you comments
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to post the tutorial. I feel the album feature here, and on many other forums, is great and often underutilized.

Comment

Always wondered how this was done ! ....Thank you for your info/short course on this way of showing multiple pics, much appreciated thanks again streptile !
          https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=4697522

Comment

Hi Trevor......

......Job well done, mate! Spot on. Thanks for the info, and for doing the work to make this possible.

Comment

Thanks for the support, guys, and the 's. Was a pleasure, and I hope this type of posting will always be allowed.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

Bumped up for Kay.

Maybe this thread ought to be moved to "Testing and Technical Advice" ?

Thanks,
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Great stuff, i've always thought that was impossible to do!
                  As always, Trevor is going that extra mile to help his fellow collector's.

Comment

interesting trick i may try . thanks for the tip.

Comment

Thanks Trevor

Comment

Thanks, guys
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

Good info! Have them "pin" it to the top.
                          Tim

Comment

Thanks for the tip! this will be useful for the e-stand too

Comment

I have bumped this thread back to the top so all members can advantage of the WAF hosting album...
                              Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X