1:72 Type VII/C 41 U-Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Marcus,

I have worked with Mr. Tore for more than five (5) years and have gotten input for Skizzenbuch. I don't believe that he has any full history of service, but only what he remembers over the years. Skizzenbuch does include many of his memories and technical knowledge about the Type VII U-Boat. If there are questions that come up now and then where I am nor 100% sure of the answer, then I will ash for Mr. Tore for his input. A great deal of the electrical information came from my conversations with Maciej Florek who passed away in 2017. We have lost a great person with a wealth of U-Boat information.

The last VIIC submarine still in existence today is U-995 in Laboe. U-995 was also my first encounter 'of the third kind' with a German WW-II submarine. After the war it was taken over by the Norwegian navy as a training boat and coastal protection boat, it was officially returned to the German government on 2 October 1971 as a gift of reconciliation and can be admired today in front of the Naval Memorial in Laboe. U-995 is always worth a visit! Who has the history of U-995 and wants to know all details, the book 'U-995 - Read the submarine in front of the Naval Memorial in Laboe' by Eckard Wetzel.

Attached is an image of U-995 with the Balkon which was installed by the Royal Norwegian Navy for research. This was removed during the re-construction. Also, here is an image of my U-96 1/32 scale (82 and 1/4 inches long) U-Boat in my Library. The deck and the tower are constructs from brass plate and rods. The deck, tower sides/deck came pre cut, but the rest of the tower had to be hand made from scratch...

Regards,
    Don_
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Don Prince View Post
      Hello Marcus,

I have worked with Mr. Tore for more than five (5) years and have gotten input for Skizzenbuch. I don't believe that he has any full history of service, but only what he remembers over the years. Skizzenbuch does include many of his memories and technical knowledge about the Type VII U-Boat. If there are questions that come up now and then where I am nor 100% sure of the answer, then I will ash for Mr. Tore for his input. A great deal of the electrical information came from my conversations with Maciej Florek who passed away in 2017. We have lost a great person with a wealth of U-Boat information.

The last VIIC submarine still in existence today is U-995 in Laboe. U-995 was also my first encounter 'of the third kind' with a German WW-II submarine. After the war it was taken over by the Norwegian navy as a training boat and coastal protection boat, it was officially returned to the German government on 2 October 1971 as a gift of reconciliation and can be admired today in front of the Naval Memorial in Laboe. U-995 is always worth a visit! Who has the history of U-995 and wants to know all details, the book 'U-995 - Read the submarine in front of the Naval Memorial in Laboe' by Eckard Wetzel.

Attached is an image of U-995 with the Balkon which was installed by the Royal Norwegian Navy for research. This was removed during the re-construction. Also, here is an image of my U-96 1/32 scale (82 and 1/4 inches long) U-Boat in my Library. The deck and the tower are constructs from brass plate and rods. The deck, tower sides/deck came pre cut, but the rest of the tower had to be hand made from scratch...

Regards,
      Don_
      Wow, nice study. J

Comment

Spectacular work!!!

Br. James

Comment

lower entry...

Comment

Hello Marcus,

Check out this link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XQ...ps&app=desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Don Prince View Post
              Hello Marcus,

Check out this link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XQ...ps&app=desktop
              Very interesting video Don, thanks so much for sharing the link. Looking at the exterior, it was interesting to see the extensive modifications made to the wintergarten, more specifically the removal of the lower 1/3. All in all a fascinating video. I loved seeing the underwater videography of the exterior below surface. I also chuckled a little to myself in seeing the staff officers in full dress uniform on active patrol but again still a wonderful video one which I have never seen before.

Cheers

Marcus
              β€œOn the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.” – Dan Lipinski

Comment

Wow great Job, thats fantastic !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X