Visit to Brecourt Manor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to Brecourt Manor???

My wife and I are going to be traveling to Normandy in February. We were hoping to be able to go see where the assault on Brecourt Manor took place. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

Yes - you can drive right past the Manor (but it's not advised to stop and snoop around!)- and see the field where the assault took place.
    I was there a couple of years ago - and it's easy to find, with a small area at the monument for parking.
    Never look someone in the eye while eating a banana - Billy Connolly

Comment

I was there this year. Stopped at the manor and was approached by one of the owners. Great guy. Took us into the field (nothing to see) I also purchased a bottle of their homemade Calva. Great guy made our day. They absolutely do not mind you stopping.
      Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Cool!

Originally posted by Operation Cobra View Post
        I was there this year. Stopped at the manor and was approached by one of the owners. Great guy. Took us into the field (nothing to see) I also purchased a bottle of their homemade Calva. Great guy made our day. They absolutely do not mind you stopping.
        Good to know!
        Never look someone in the eye while eating a banana - Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Operation Cobra View Post

Thanks! That's very helpful.

Comment

I was taken on a guided tour of Brecourt Manor about 10 years ago by Battlebus.Place was deserted and we were able to walk anywhere we wanted,i imagine Battlebus prob had permission to do so.The 88s that Easy Company took out were still piled up against a wall.Cant imagine theyre still there,as i believe they were offered a lot of money for them.Must try and dig up the pics somewhere.

Comment

My visit to Brecourt in 2017. A large plain meadow and a monument. Nevertheless it worth the visit to stay "where they were"
              Attached Files
              No hay rincón en el mundo sin una tumba de un Soldado Español

Comment

Stopped there years ago - a great place to visit.
                "Get to those men in Bastogne" - (then) LTC. Creighton Abrams, battalion commander of the 4th Armored Division spearhead that broke the seige on Dec. 26, 1944.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X