Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Church Memorial in Bavaria

Hi Folks:

I've been going visiting many churches while I'm in Germany for three (3) years and found many war memorials and this has been the 1st where I've found SS listed....but with "??" for "SS"
    Attached Files

more pix
    Attached Files

Comment

Note the one soldier listed “Westen” 8 Jan 45 probably in Battle of the Bulge while most died in Russia

Comment

Well, that's one way to deal with what has become for some an offensive symbol. Not entirely objectionable I suppose, perhaps even somewhat tasteful given the setting. The censorship even looks like it might be reversible should sentiments ever change in the future. Only draws attention to itself if you ask me. How ironic.

Comment

SS U.S.B.F is not a rank … SS-Ostbaf would be the correct abbreviation for SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer. SS-Strm would the correct abbreviation for an SS-Sturmmann

Ian

Comment

I wouldn’t be too picky on the abbreviations.... maybe the civilian didn’t have the official SS rules & regulations handy....or this website to ask for your input.

BLUF: Honored their war dead

Comment

At least ranks are listed, that is not always the case. Example our Friedhof..
              Attached Files

Comment

Visit Bayreuth if you are near Vilseck or Graf.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X