Named Groupings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vet group

Great thread! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Comment

Fantastic group

Comment

Very impressive items, and very nicely displayed. Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Cassidy View Post
          She explains that it a short jacket, it is her father in-laws jacket. Her husband Harry was going to throw it out if no one wanted it.
          Wow thats what I call Lucky....
          Very nice collection...
          Congratulations.

Comment

Might you have a detailed close up picture of that sheath?

Comment

Small Miracles, Thanks to Forum Member Hübner

Captain Theodore A. Wilson
              17th Airborne Division, 681 GFAB
              ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 20908763 (Enlisted)

Here is a copy of his Death Notice and a photo of the Jump Jacket worn by Captain Wilson. Same Division as my Dad, I wonder if they ever met?

He was born December 16, 1917. Grass Range Montana. Enlisted on 3 March 1941 in Yuba City California. Originally from Grass Range Montana. Deceased 6 March 2006, Commissioned as a U.S. Army Artillery Officer. His obituary notice states that he first served in the Pacific as an Anti-Submarine and Anti-Air Craft Gunner on a Merchant Marine Vessel. He was a Battle of the Bulge Veteran and served with the 17th Airborne Division. His name is listed in the 17th Airborne History. His photo is in the earlier produced 17ht Airborne photo album.

I need to get to NARA to do more research. There is evidently more info on him in NARA BOX NUMBER , 0366 , FILM REEL NUMBER 3.87#

P.S. Unfortunately, the 17th ABN is under-rated. Operation Varsity had a press black out. I suspect that Market Garden may have contributed to this? It was also eclipsed due to the Remagen Bridge head. The 17 needs a book and a movie.
              I got a PM from forum member Hübner giving me a heads up that the cap and dog tag to Capt. Theodore Wilson were on e-bay. Thank you Sir!

Well, I bid and I was the lucky winner!

Attached is a quick snap shot of the cap and dog tag re-united with the jump jacket and other items that I got a few years ago from Bob Iqbal.

It is great when you can piece the history back together.

I want track down his history and find out more about him?

This shows the value of the forum.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pat,
                That display looks absolutely stunning! Great to see these items reunited again. Keep up the good work.
                I´m glad to have been of some help to you.

Tom

Comment

Kudos to you, fantastic collection, really enjoyed looking at the personal collection you have acquired.. Your fathers uniform is amazing...congratulations.
                  Thanks

Comment

Fantastic groupings, thanks for showing

Andy

Comment

Hey Pat,

Wonderful thread. I figure I can visit later in the summer, take one or two displays home with me and settle up ha,ha. Beautifully researched and displayed. Jim

Comment

It happend again

Well, A forum member sent me a PM about more stuff from CPT Wilson,

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...ic=126963&st=0

I was able to get a box of his stuff,

I got a PM from forum member Hübner giving me a heads up that the cap and dog tag to Capt. Theodore Wilson were on e-bay. Thank you Sir!

Well, I bid and I was the lucky winner!

Attached is a quick snap shot of the cap and dog tag re-united with the jump jacket and other items that I got a few years ago from Bob Iqbal.

It is great when you can piece the history back together.

I want track down his history and find out more about him?

This shows the value of the forum.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wilson

More Wilson, Also got one of those 17ty ABN yellow green ID panels for Varsity,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Airborne Individual ID Scarf used on Operation Varsity

This is something that I was happy to get with the grouping. My dad who was a paratrooper with the 17th talked about a bright yellow ID Scarf he used on Operation Varsity. I have been looking for one of these for years. Next I need no kidding real set of M43 modified Jump Pants as used by the 17th.

I guess that these scarfs are rare, I have been looking for a long time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I love it Cassidy.
                              Thanks for showing.

BTW what the Edelweiss banners were for? are them post war or period?
                              May you show us a couple of close ups of them?

Comment

Great items, this is what real collecting is about!
                                Autopsy of a Battle, the War in Southern France: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrhUoRdsAQ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X