Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS untersturmfuhrer Judick 29973

Hi all,
    I'm looking for any infromations about SS untersturmfuhrer Judick (?) who had SS number 29973. I bought holster with his signature.
    I didn' find him on SS list. 20200911_071611.jpg

A very low number. What type of holster? I would assume this is from the early to mid 30s with that rank and number combo, even assuming he spent a few years prior as an EM

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
      A very low number. What type of holster? I would assume this is from the early to mid 30s with that rank and number combo, even assuming he spent a few years prior as an EM
      The holster is from pre war production of polish VIS wz.35 (not war production as P35). It was probably taken in Poland in september of 1939 as a war trophie. Fresh find from Tulon in France.

Comment

Found this, pherhaps it can help.

WH.png

Comment

Data on the man mentioned in the last post from the 1938 SS-Dienstaltersliste:

Name: Judick Emil
          Date of birth: 16 Jan. 1910
          SS no.: 297 650
          NSDAP no.: ---
          Promotion date: 9 Nov. 1938 - SS-Untersturmführer
          Duty assignment: Nachrichtensturmbann der SS-Verfügungstruppe
          Awards and decorations: German Sports Badge, SA Sports Badge, SS Honor Sword
          Other data: Graduate of Junkerschule Tölz, 1938*

*) This was the 4th course, which ran from 10 Oct. 1937 to 31 July 1938.

According to the Volksbund's database, he died on 21 May 1940 at La Pachelle and is buried at Bourdon.
          Last edited by HPL2008; 09-26-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the number could be a feldpost number and not his SS number? Might could be researched. I think that the officer provided in the other posts may well be the same man. The Polish model VIS holsters are extremely rare and desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
              I wonder if the number could be a feldpost number and not his SS number? Might could be researched. I think that the officer provided in the other posts may well be the same man.
              I had initially suspected that, too, but Fp. Nr. 29973 was the 2. Kompanie of Nachschub-Bataillon 628, an army, not SS, unit.

Comment

Thank you very much for your inputs. There is third possibility for this number. It is SN number of gun. To ensure that it would be great to know who had number 29973 in SS. Near example of SN number from 1938 VIS.
                20200925_211831.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Orkan View Post
                  Thank you very much for your inputs. There is third possibility for this number. It is SN number of gun. To ensure that it would be great to know who had number 29973 in SS. Near example of SN number from 1938 VIS.
                  20200925_211831.jpg
                  Very keen deduction on your part. While the VIS is one of my favorite handguns of WWII, I’m not as well versed on the Polish pre war production details as I need to be so I did not recognize this possibility. I think this is it. He obtained this gun probably late 1939 and was killed 6 months later in France.

Comment

Lets think about Judick's war path in WWII. I have just found information that in La Pachelle in May 1940 fought 2./Nachr.Abt.2 (information from John Moore's Fuhrerliste). Can you explain me name of this unit? Did this unit also fight in Poland in 1939? What about La Pachelle? I can't find it on actual maps. Neither can my friend from France.
                    Last edited by Orkan; 09-26-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Lets think about Judick's war path in WWII. I have just found information that in La Pachelle in May 1940 fought 2./Nachr.Abt.2 (information from John Moore's Fuhrerliste). Can you explain me name of this unit? Did this unit also fight in Poland in 1939? What about La Pachelle? I can't find it on actual maps. Neither can my friend from France.
                      "2./Nachr.Abt.2" is the 2nd Company of Nachrichten-Abteilung 2 [Signals Detachment 2]. This was a unit of the 2nd SS-Division. It directly evolved from the pre-war Nachrichtensturmbann of the SSVT, so it is to be expected that Emil Judick went on to serve with this unit.*

The unit was successively designated as:
                      • SS-Nachrichtensturmbann
                      • SS-Nachrichtenabteilung
                      • Nachrichtenabteilung/SS-VT
                      • SS-Nachrichten-Abteilung "Reich"
                      • SS-Nachrichten-Abteilung "Das Reich"
                      • SS-Panzer-Nachrichten-Abteilung 2 "Das Reich"
                      The Nachrichtenabteilung took part in the Polish campaign attached to Panzerdivision "Kempf", so we have that connection to Poland, too.

I can't find La Pachelle, either. Perhaps there was a misspelling in period records or an error in their transcription?

Anyway, the 2nd SS Division marched into the area of Hirson on 20 May. Moving in the direction of Calais, it took part in fighting north of Arras on 23 May. Judick was KIA on 21 May 1940. So, the place of his death has to be somewhere between these locations. (Arras is about 100 kilometers away from Hirson as the crow flies.)

(We know that he is buried at the Bourdon military cemetery. This is the central war cemetery for the German fallen of the Départements Somme, Nord and Pas-de-Calais. Arras is in the Département Pas-de-Calais.)

-------------------------------

*) Postscript - It's confirmed:

http://soldaten.balsi.de/index.php?action=show&id=2737
                      Last edited by HPL2008; 09-26-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Close to Hirson is La Capelle. It sounds to me very simillar as La Pachelle. Maybe they simply made mistake with spelling and writing.
                        20200926_170543.jpg

Comment

Emil Judick's grave at Bourdon German Military Cemetery. I visited his grave in 2003.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The holster is from pre war production of polish VIS wz.35 (not war production as P35). It was probably taken in Poland in september of 1939 as a war trophie. Fresh find from Tulon in France.
                            so show the holster here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X