Hanging flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging flags

Any suggestions on hanging flags without putting tack or pin holes in them? I am looking at hanging flags on a ceiling that is on roughly a 45 degree angle, and have struggled to find a way to hang them without actually pinning the flags.
    Kyle

Looking for armbands.

I use spring loaded wooden clothes pegs.

I nail the pegs to a length of timber and then affix the timber to the wall, beam etc,.

Super easy to remove the flag once up =, if needed.(just unclip the flag like you are taking down the washing)

i use roughly 7-9 pegs along the hoist edge.

If you get super enthusiatic, you can make up a pelmet to hide the pegs.

Comment

My suggestion:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=214131

Comment

sounds like an attic room and I think the heat will hurt them.

Comment

You might try binder clips from an office supply store. The little wire handles then serve as an eyelet for whatever hardware you hang them with.

Comment

Hello,
            I use plastic clips that I buy at the dollar store. You can find them in many sizes. Many of them already have a hole thru the clip that can serve as an eyelet for hooks etc. I prefer plastic as I'd rather not use metal on the flag itself.
            Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksmith Life View Post
              You might try binder clips from an office supply store. The little wire handles then serve as an eyelet for whatever hardware you hang them with.
              That's what I did with a couple of small flags. It works well and the clips don't seem to have damaged the material in any way.

Comment

Kyle, how big is the flag that you want to display? If it's small enough you could use what's called a "compression mount" which sandwiches the flag in a frame between plexi glass and non-acidic backing. If you have very basic woodworking skills you will only be limited by available sizes of plexi glass.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X