Aluminum showcase repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum showcase repair

The corners have come apart on my tabletop aluminum showcase, does anyone have any experience/suggestions on how to properly repair? Thank you.

Originally posted by Tony K View Post
    The corners have come apart on my tabletop aluminum showcase, does anyone have any experience/suggestions on how to properly repair? Thank you.
    Piece of cake to repair Tony.

You have basically two options, both of which will cost you around $5.00 total and will require the acquisition of brackets similar to this (exact shape may vary according to your taste - this is just to give you an idea) which are available at any hardware or home improvement store.

Op 1 - external 4-hole 90 degree corner bracket that will wrap around the corners. You will have the bracket visible which may look a little ghetto, but will give a super secure fit. Make sure to not position the upper screw hole equal to or above the lid lip along the inside of the case as you won't be able to either get a screw/nut in there or close the lid. The external bracket will have no metal v-shaped protrusion on the inside (internals do for strength).

Op 2 = internal 4-hole 90 degree corner bracket that will fit on the inside of the case below the lid lip so the only thing visible on the outside are the countersunk heads of the machine screws. This keeps a relatively clean appearance on the outside, but you'll have to tape the outside corners together first, then temp fit the bracket to the inside below the lid lip and mark the holes for drilling from the inside. You'll then countersink from the outside.

In either case (no pun intended) a piece of cake and about a 20-minute job for the whole case.

Good luck!

Regards!

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

Brackets are the easy way and what I'd probably do, but if you know a good welder they can weld that thin walled aluminum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
      X