Alden Hamilton cloth essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alden Hamilton cloth essay

Many years ago Alden Hamilton (Black Cross Military) wrote a very academic piece on wool cloth preservation. I don't know what I've done with it (buried deep in many boxes). Does anyone have a copy of this? I will need it for insurance claim on smoke damaged items from my collection.
    Thank you

tc

Why not contact Alan via his web site.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Cloth

I didn’t want to pester him. Plus I asked him for a copy years ago and if I recall, he couldn’t dredge it out. But you’re right. I’ll try again

Comment

hey IF you get it how about posting the link,,or the article for us all to share/see..
        Thanks , G.

Comment

alden cloth conservation

will do.

Comment

I have not seen that article in a long time. I thought I had saved it. I looked through my conservation materials, and I can not find it either. I checked his website briefly, and I did not see any past posting on it either.
            Remember! They ain't making any more of this stuff.. Take care of it.

WE SPEND LOTS OF MONEY ON OUR HOBBY. SPEND A FEW MORE DOLLARS TO PRESERVE HISTORY!

Comment

Alden conservation

Thanks for the effort Paul. I’ll find it eventually. While thinking about it I think Bob Treend MAY have reprinted it in an issue of Der Gauleiter. I’m going to have to dig through my boxes.
              t

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
                Thanks for the effort Paul. I’ll find it eventually. While thinking about it I think Bob Treend MAY have reprinted it in an issue of Der Gauleiter. I’m going to have to dig through my boxes.
                t
                I have it but it but it is not a good copy with some text drop off on the right margin. I think that Alden snail mailed it to me about 25 years ago for some reason. Would you like for me to scan it and email it to you?

Comment

Wool preservation.

It is possible to find this article ?

Comment

scan alden

Yes Phild. Many thanks for that offer. Will send email in pm.

tc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X