Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riker display case lining

Hello guys,

I recently got some Riker cases and thinking of placing some nicer material over the white foam that comes by default. However, I read that it is "acid free" which got me thinking ... If this other material will be OK and not damage my collection??

Maybe someone can tell me what they think or what they used.

I was thinking of one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Cotto...r=500641272109

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-C...r=561954827617

Cheers,

Will

Just make sure that whatever other material you use is also acid free.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
      Just make sure that whatever other material you use is also acid free.
      Ralph.
      That's the problem, none of the eBay ones state acid free or not. Some of the velvets are made of cotton and some made of polyester maybe there is a big difference..

Comment

When selecting a product to put into the bottom of a Rikker mount to have medals placed upon. It is always best to select a 100 percent archival products. Museum quality archival products will not out gas hazardous gasses that are known to cause severe damage to medals, paper, leather, painter, or printed objects.

Corrugated cor-b board is best, and it is inert. You can choose to use fabric to cover the corrugated board, but you should be sure the fabric is 100 percent polyester. Polyester dose not attract moisture to it. Cotton can casus moisture to build up on the metals. You can find corrugated boards in multiple colors.

You can also use a product called ethafoam will not out gas or draw moisture to it. I have cut a piece of corrugated board and covered it with a piece of 100 percent polyester velvet. I cut the corrugated board slightly smaller, then I have wrapped the polyester fabric around on side of the corrugated board. Then I cut the polyester fabric about an inch bigger. Wrap that over the backside of the corrugated board. I use a hot glue gun to glue the fabric to the corrugated board. Hot glue will not outgas like other glues will.
        Remember! They ain't making any more of this stuff.. Take care of it.

WE SPEND LOTS OF MONEY ON OUR HOBBY. SPEND A FEW MORE DOLLARS TO PRESERVE HISTORY!

Comment

Hi Will
          I use fleece, never had any problems.

Regards
          Steve C
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X