Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hindenburg widow cross

Hi,
    I came usually as a reader on this site but this time, I got a question! I recently find for few buck this widow medal. This one have two tiny green spot of coorosion on the edge. What can I do to stop this corrosion without disturbing the patina? The ribbon is UV negative too on thisone. I got 2 pictures but as I new member posting, I'm not allow to post the pictures.

Thanks

Hello. I would leave the medal as is. The problem is when collectors try to clean a medal, they think it would make the medal even better but it can actually ruin a piece. My hindeburg medals have the same problem you are stating with the green corrosion. I just add renaissance wax and leave it as is to prevent it further from corrosion. The last thing you want to do is clean and potentially ruin a medal. Martin.

Comment

no pictures here but answer would be same. Leave it as it is. Its patina (read history) on it.
      Always interested in medal bars with EK2 from ww2! Please, offer!
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Iron crosses, dog tags, solo EK2 documents and medal bars collector.

Comment

I just wax it with rennaissance wax wich I used on roman coins for preservation. I does a good job and didn't disturb the patina.

Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X