Renaissance wax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaissance wax.

Hello can anyone tell me if Renaissance wax is okay to use on wound badges and if yes which is the best way to use it thanks Kevin.

Hello nobody uses Renaissance wax ? Kevin.

Comment

It's a preservative wax that if applied as directed in very small amounts with a soft clean cloth will form a clear coat over most anything. I've had great success using it on zinc awards/badges as well as other misc. items I wanted to protect. In short, I'm a fan of Renaissance Wax.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

By the way, there are numerous past threads on this topic. A "search" will bring them up but here is one to get you going. It sums the topic up well.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Ren+Wax

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Thankyou Stu for your answer ,i did do a search but i could not find a specific answer on wound badges . Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
            It's a preservative wax that if applied as directed in very small amounts with a soft clean cloth will form a clear coat over most anything. I've had great success using it on zinc awards/badges as well as other misc. items I wanted to protect. In short, I'm a fan of Renaissance Wax.

Regards,
            Stu
            Big fan, myself J

Comment

Thanks Jacques , i will give it a try then ,Kevin.

Comment

just make sure what ever it is ,,that the item is clean. Because your going to seal it..
                Great stuff. You have a minty piece,,use the product correctly and it will stay nice!

Comment

I had an interesting experience where I had a m35 helmet where the green paint has turned dark brown over the years in places. I put some renwax to try and prevent this from happening on the whole helmet. Image my surprise when the brown started disappearing and green reappeared? Any one noticed something similar? J

Comment

I appreciate the wax very much, too.

Yes, I experienced something likely, too, Jaques, when using it. The soft rub with the wax has a cleaning effect as well. Therefore I always give a first rub for the dirt and a second one with the cloth staying clean. Q-tips are also very useful to clean the difficult parts with the wax.

I press thumbs that your drought in Capetown will soon end- I believe it´s no nice situation with rationed water.

Comment

Originally posted by o.r.k. View Post
                      I appreciate the wax very much, too.

Yes, I experienced something likely, too, Jaques, when using it. The soft rub with the wax has a cleaning effect as well. Therefore I always give a first rub for the dirt and a second one with the cloth staying clean. Q-tips are also very useful to clean the difficult parts with the wax.

I press thumbs that your drought in Capetown will soon end- I believe it´s no nice situation with rationed water.
                      In Africa it is not a problem , the vast majority of locals don' bath anyway. J

Comment

:d

Comment

Hi ,thanks everybody for the replies, my stepson is bringing a tub over in May from England so i can give it a try Kevin.

Comment

I use The Wax on all my Etched Dress Bayonets,superb product that cleans to an extent and fully seals the surface.....

http://picreator.co.uk/renaissance-wax/
                            I Love Etched Dress Bayonets!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X