X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joelhall
    replied
    I'm pretty sure they're just standard frames, and so I'd be worried about the formaldehyde which could escape. Personally, when I use wood, I seal the inside using barrier film (although extra thick aluminium foil works pretty well too and is a darn sight cheaper, but it is susceptible to tears). I've found that ist's not absolutely necessary to seal with any primer beforehand, although that gives an extra level of protection.

Leave a comment:

• Edelweiß21
    replied
    Hallo Guys,

I have a Question with this Guide. Is the Rikker Frame a special acidfree one or a normal one used for "Rikker Mounts"? And if polybatting is archivalsave, could you use the inlets of the normal Rikker mounts in the market?

Greetings
    Edelweiß21

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ralvarez
    replied
    riker cases

I just finished more than a dozen cases of various sizes with this terrific suggestion...what a difference it makes. Thanks for the instructions and idea...everything looks so much more professionally displayed.

And it was easy/cost effective to boot!!

Excellent stuff! Thanks again!!

Russell

Leave a comment:

• Pretorian81
    replied
    Nice!

Greetings,

Sven

Leave a comment:

• redline09
    replied
    great stuff, im deff going to make some of these

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #14
    Finished project! Over all estimated time 25 minutes. You may now display.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #13
    The mounting material is in the bottom part of the riker frame. You may see some wrinkled areas smooth out any small dents. At this point you can attach (pin) your items in to the fleece.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #12
    After the gluing, or pinning of the fleece fabric, poly batting, and ethafoam is complete, the piece can be fitted into the bottom portion of the riker frame. If finished piece is a little tight to the lower bottom piece of the riker frame that’s okay.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #11
    At this point the corner should be either folded, or V cut. In doing this step some of the poly batting and fleece can be cut away. By adding a V cut to the fabric from the corner fold will produce a smoother finish on the top side.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #10
    Flip over to the top side on occasion making sure the fabric is not puckering.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #9
    You may pin the fleece, and poly batting to the ethafoam, or you can use a hot glue gun. The hot glue gun glue sticks are archival safe. Trim extra fleece and poly batting from the corners. I use a V style cut for the corners.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #8
    Assemble all three items ethafoam, poly batting, and fleece.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #7
    Measure and cut ethafoam, polybatting, and fleece. The fleece should be cut slightly larger that the rest of the items. The fleece is cut larger to fold it over the other items.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #6
    Cut ethafoam with either a scissors or exactor knife.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Pickard
    replied
    Example #5
    Measure ethafoam
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X