Tunic on a female mannequin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic on a female mannequin?

has anyone displayed a tunic on a female mannequin? I need a smaller mannequin for a tunic that's a little small and wondering if anyone has had the similar idea of using a female mannequin.
    Want to buy 1887 Bread bag strap, Ochre colored

It is 2020 anything goes. Oh and all mannequins matter. J

Comment

Originally posted by Forssmann View Post
      has anyone displayed a tunic on a female mannequin? I need a smaller mannequin for a tunic that's a little small and wondering if anyone has had the similar idea of using a female mannequin.
      I have I just set her up on a pair of saw horses in my driveway and hacked the boobs off with a sawzaw,the looks from my neighbors priceless.
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post

I have I just set her up on a pair of saw horses in my driveway and hacked the boobs off with a sawzaw,the looks from my neighbors priceless.
        Does the bust protrude at the chest? or is it not noticeable?

Comment

This is kind of creepy , but small sizes are available on line . https://mannequinmall.com/collection...nequins?page=1
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Forssmann View Post

Does the bust protrude at the chest? or is it not noticeable?
            It did until I hacked them off,then I slipped an old T shirt over the torso so any remaining sharp edges wouldn't snag the liner.
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post

It did until I hacked them off,then I slipped an old T shirt over the torso so any remaining sharp edges wouldn't snag the liner.
              Thanks. I like to use the same mannequin for all my tunics (i like uniformity) but the only options for my mannequin are male or female. I was either going to get another male, and carve the waist line to be slimmer, or buy a female. Looks like I go with the female, and alter the bust.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                Oh and all mannequins matter. J
                My wife could not stop laughing...!

Comment

This post is priceless!!. All mannequins matter had me in stiches,great...on a serious note have you tried a child's one?.
                  I had to back a fibreglass one down for one but on another I had to use a sweatshirt to pad it out. Luckily I've never had to "hack" the front off. Good luck and thanks for the humour....

Comment

Hi,
                    Had a few female mannequins out of a department store, when I first started collecting. It depends on what the uniform is? If combat, you can conceal her rack with equipment but, the female facial features and 'camp' pose is a little obvious. Soldiers with that appearance usual end up in a penal unit!! If it's just a torso, pad the waist out and apply equipment on top.
                    Cheers,
                    Rigsby.

Comment

In today's Army it is considered O.K.......

Comment

Only a matter of time when sidearms will be decorative only! They must not 'clash' with uniform colours!! And it's essential to stop for a selfie every hundred yards!
                        Rigsby.

Comment

Nowadays you also have smaller sizes men mannequins , with adjustable legs + arms ! And with a normal man face ... White Men Lives Matters !
                          Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X