Excellent Display cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Display cabinets

I was at a gun show with the boys and ran across this old guy selling custom display cases in hardwood maple, mahogony, walnut or cherry. These cases are beautiful hand made cases and are hinged and have locks at the bottom. The backing is velvet which is padded such that medals displayed will stay in place even when hung on a wall. There is an interesting swaz/ ss inlaid border especially for the german medal collector. These cases are really stunning and the guy can ship anywhere. The front can be made in plexiglass or glass.

Here is the guy making and selling them:

Jim Cox
    4338 N.E. 35th St.
    Des Moines, Iowa
    50317-4317

phone 515-264-8305

website www.coxcustomcases.com

email [email protected]
    Attached Files

the photos do not do them justice
    Attached Files

Comment

locks- situated at the edge on the inferior portion of the case
      Attached Files

Comment

hinge
        Attached Files

Comment

close-up of inlay
          Attached Files

Comment

Really a very beutiful case that can be hung on the wall, carried, or laid on a table with an interesting border. I have no relationship with this guy, but found his cases beautifully made and resonable priced. Any custom case can be made, but this style I photographed as it seemed most suitable for the german medal collector.

Comment

Thanks Tom,

Very nice cases. Christmas is soon. I think I'll surprise my wife!!

Comment

These are really much nicer than the pics show, Jim. These are handmade by a custom furniture/ woodworker and are of very high quality. They come in a variety of sizes, with the largerst actually being 24 X 54! Kind of a nifty way to hang them on the wall as well, in that there is a separate long rectangular piece of wood which is screwed to the wall and the case rests on top of that in a 45 degree recess to affix the case. Therefore, the thing can be lifted off the wall and carried with the carrying handle.

It is interesting around here we have alot of the german/danish heritage craftsman who still make good stuff. In Amana, Iowa for example, for those who are a little loaded, they make some of the best handmade grandfather clocks and custom furniture in the world. The clocks are reasonably prices and are automatic family heirlooms, but the other stuff is a little pricey. Most of it is made with tongue in groove construction and dowels without nails or screws, just like the old makers did.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X