X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan T.
    replied
    Great grouping Matt. Anytime you get tried of that too green helmet, just let me know!

Leave a comment:

• PerMilitaria
    replied
    Wonderful items everyone!

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Oh and here is a little group shot.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Gibson View Post
    Very nice collection Matt. I was tempted by the M40 which you bought but it had a little too much green in the paint for me. A fantastic helmet though.

Mark
    Mark,

I hear ya. I think its more of a Italian campaign camo helmet but will fill the slot until I can lay my hands on a nice tan helmet with that sexy pinkish hue. The hunt still continues but it was nice to get a hold of this one. Still a stellar helmet for sure. Matt

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gibson
    replied
    Very nice collection Matt. I was tempted by the M40 which you bought but it had a little too much green in the paint for me. A fantastic helmet though.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    The reverse of the fake, almost seems like it should glow. Very white and odd. Pins are also very flimsy and have a tenancy to break very easily! Hope you all enjoyed and sorry for my terrible pics. I can send additional pics if needed. Best of luck in the upcoming year! Matt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Last but not least, a known fake. These were apparently discovered/made in europe a few years ago. They seem to have a very white almost chalky appearance and apparently melt very quickly if put to a flame, maybe pewter made? Matt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    back of larger front pith helmet eagle
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Here is an example of one that is worn on the front of pith helmets. Seems the kriegsmarine had two different styles they could use. Some times these are marked down in the bottom of the swastica. Mine is not. Also come in silver or gold wash.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Of note, all of the kriegs shields like this one I have seen/handled have all been marked G.B 41
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    Kriegs birds:

Ok these are totally different in design and way they are made. Heer eagles stand up tall on the shields, the kriegs are stamped into the shields. They come in two colors, silver for admin and gold for the standard kriegs. They are different in the fact that they are more round and the tri color shields are rounded and not squared at the edges. There are also kriegs eagles that attach to pith helmets on the front. They come in gold and silver for admin as well. They have different types of attachent. Either two large pins go through loops on the backs or they have a series of pins like on mine.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    almost done everyone
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    pic didn't post
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    another lot with different pins, note the one in the bottom right of the picture

Leave a comment:

• afrikasandman
    replied
    rears of the lot
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X