CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DAK items

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    got some new stuff, DAK Ring



    Link



    Last edited by MaxM89; 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM.

    Comment


      and a photo from the owner






      Link

      Comment


        Some works in progress.
        Attached Files

        Comment


          Looks real nice olpan.
          Nice to see the pith helmet with a tunic set up for a change.
          Cheers
          NCO

          Comment


            Looks even better with the new pouches .

            Comment


              Originally posted by NCO View Post
              Looks real nice olpan.
              Nice to see the pith helmet with a tunic set up for a change.
              Cheers
              NCO
              Originally posted by OSS View Post
              Looks even better with the new pouches .
              Thanks for the positive feedback guys

              Comment


                Great additions on this thread, lets keep this one going gentlemen.

                Nice setup Oplan. Can't quite tell what color is the Waffenfarbe on the straps ?
                Really like the tropenhelm and tunic together. Early DAK

                Here are a couple DAK items picked up last year. An early set of faded Rosa piped feldwebel straps with hand applied tresse. Thanks Barry

                Also this POW faded early green EM tunic. The original eagle was found rolled up in the upper right pocket and the shoulder board buttons were found in the upper left pocket. They both have been placed for the photo. The lower pockets have been cut/slit by what looks like a bayonet at the bottom of the pockets. Mod Glenn has mentioned that he owned a POW tunic with this same phenomenon. & that a vet told him the Allies sometimes opened up the pockets this way upon capture when searching POW's.

                Heia Safari !

                Tim
                Attached Files

                Comment


                  Nice setup Olpan. Can't quite tell what color is the Waffenfarbe on the straps ?
                  Really like the tropenhelm and tunic together. Early DAK
                  Thanks Tim,

                  All early dated stuff on the first pattern set up, nothing dated after 41.

                  Here is another photo from the previous owner showing the piping on the boards
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by olpan; 03-29-2019, 03:01 AM.

                  Comment


                    Thanks for the added photo. Am sorry to say the straps are not completely convincing. Photos of the underside may prove tp be convincing

                    Here are a couple more of the naturally faded rosa straps compared to a chemically bleached set of EM Art straps.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 03-29-2019, 10:00 PM.

                    Comment


                      Nice items Olpan and Tim.
                      I'm pretty much the same as Olpan, prefer items dated pre'42 in line with my strong interest in the early battles and what would have been worn/used then. I also do like seeing the pith with uniform setups; a classic look.

                      Mark
                      Afrikakorps collector interested in uniforms, headgear and insignia of the Heer in North Africa

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                        Thanks for the added photo. Am sorry to say the straps are not completely convincing. Photos of the underside may prove tp be convincing
                        Thanks for your opinion Tim regarding my shoulder boards, although you have previously made a positive comment about them in this very forum.

                        Comment


                          Since I haven't contributed anything for awhile here I'll throw these images in of a small display I set up to compare the basic gear between NZ troops and their opposition in Africa. My apologies if anyone's seen these before.
                          Mark
                          NZ
                          Attached Files
                          Collector of Afrikakorps Uniforms & Fieldgear -
                          http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=130267
                          Mannequin Painting -
                          http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=180061

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by olpan View Post
                            Thanks for your opinion Tim regarding my shoulder boards, although you have previously made a positive comment about them in this very forum.
                            Well the the backing and buttonholes must be good then, which these photos do not show

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mark Gibson View Post
                              Nice items Olpan and Tim.
                              I'm pretty much the same as Olpan, prefer items dated pre'42 in line with my strong interest in the early battles and what would have been worn/used then. I also do like seeing the pith with uniform setups; a classic look.

                              Mark
                              Thanks Mark

                              Agree these days my focus is also on the early days. When the tropenhelm was still widely worn.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by NZMark View Post
                                Since I haven't contributed anything for awhile here I'll throw these images in of a small display I set up to compare the basic gear between NZ troops and their opposition in Africa. My apologies if anyone's seen these before.
                                Mark
                                NZ
                                Quite imressive Mark, a very nice addition to this thread.

                                Think all will agree that You and MarkG are an inspiration to all of us DAK collectors

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing this Thread

                                Collapse

                                There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                                Working...
                                X