This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
    And Mark G its always been a pleasure even going back to our Pz days. Look forward to seeing the new addition .

Greg
    It isn't the usual kind of 'new addition' Greg. This one takes about 9 months to arrive and provides a lifetime of joy (with ups and downs along the way).
    I won't be adding many new 'collecting' additions for quite some time (unless something really special like a PzGren soutached cap comes along).

Mark
    Afrikakorps collector interested in uniforms, headgear and insignia of the Heer in North Africa

Comment

A quick heads up.
      If you're bidding on this one and think that you'll get an original at a bargain price, think again it is total garbage. $334Euros already.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Afrikakorps-U...item4ab835e6ff

Mark
      Attached Files
      Afrikakorps collector interested in uniforms, headgear and insignia of the Heer in North Africa

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
        A quick heads up.
        If you're bidding on this one and think that you'll get an original at a bargain price, think again it is total garbage. $334Euros already.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Afrikakorps-U...item4ab835e6ff

Mark
        I can't believe that this fake garbage went for $3910 Euros.
        Don't some of these 'collectors' do a bit of research before buying this crap?

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

More pics of this ugly beast
          Attached Files

Comment

where a dumbass and his money soon parted.... People amaze me that they have such blind faith on ebay items. You can get some killer stuff but you need to know what the hell your looking at. Matt
            I collect:Summer weight Heer tunics, early Schutzen and kradschutzen boards/tabs/tunics and last but not least Panzer Grenadier militaria!

Comment

Very recent addition and yet to walk in the Door is this nice early 1940 dated green all webbed Haversack .

Attached to the pack is a set of the very early dak green webstraps . The adjustment straps I am told are still there but have been folded & covered to form some shoulder padding. Not known yet if this was wartime done or postwar either way it was a very cheap ebay aquisition

Greg
              Attached Files

Comment

a

pic 3 &4
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that all these early packs (which are in fact waterproof) still come with the 1940 webbed Y's. That's the third pack with attached Y's I've seen...
                  Here's one of mine, directly from the NZ veteran.
                  Is the tail strap present, Greg? I don't see it at all in the photos?
                  Mark
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NZMark; 06-15-2012, 12:14 AM.
                  Collector of Afrikakorps Uniforms & Fieldgear -
                  http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=130267
                  Mannequin Painting -
                  http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=180061

Comment

Very nice pack and straps Greg.
                    I was only able to pick up the straps, not the pack. It would be nice to get them together.
                    Were yours a veteran sourced pickup or from another collector?

Mark

Comment

Hi Guys,

I dont have my hands on this set yet as it has just been posted from Germany today. But apparently was brought into a German Antique Store in this configeration direct from an estate just recently. Or should I say thats what my online German translater reads.

I asked about the back strap as I cant see it there either....with a reply every thing is complete but I am expecting it not to be present but fingers crossed.

Thats Interesting Mark T that they are waterproofed ...didn't realise that, they certainly look a better/heavier quality than the standard tropical Haversack.

I remember one been on the guild but has since sold and I knew you had one and another collector friend down in CHCH.

When you think of the webbed belts, frogs, Y straps and packs all been in this early period green shade and then add the olive green Piths and olive green tall boots arround 1940. There appears to be a much more of a concerted effort to have all the webbed gear matching with a smarter appearance in mind perhaps.

Greg

Comment

When you think of the webbed belts, frogs, Y straps and packs all been in this early period green shade and then add the olive green Piths and olive green tall boots arround 1940. There appears to be a much more of a concerted effort to have all the webbed gear matching with a smarter appearance in mind perhaps.

Greg
                        It does appear that way Greg. The complete combination of the early green webbed gear along with the complete green uniform makes for quite a stunning impression. I have the complete combination of early dated items to to do this but will wait a while before finding the right mannequin to display them. I have other priorities as you know.

Mark
                        Attached Files

Comment

Beautifull Mark .

Even if you only aquire one high quality mannaquin Mark think of the visual eye candy you will be able to switch and fully appreciate over the coming years. Probably worth Investing in one of those Hindsgal mannaquins.

Greg

Comment

Also important to place the production quantity in context to the short period that the green webbing was produced in the last third of 1940, and those fortunate enough to be allotted with the contracts (including caps/uniform items), Greg.
                            In 1941 the production was cranked up for obvious reasons and it all went to the multi shades of tan we see now.
                            The early pack is extremely well manufactured with very tight, stiff woven canvas impregnated with a water-proofing agent. There are variations to be found so obviously a number of manufacturers - just as there were a number of makers of the green webbed Y's which show distinct manufacturing details...
                            Regards,
                            Mark
                            Collector of Afrikakorps Uniforms & Fieldgear -
                            http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=130267
                            Mannequin Painting -
                            http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=180061

Comment

I agree Mark, I think this is one of the reasons why we find a lot of the early green webbed belts /frogs here in NZ due perhaps to the 2NZEF been involved so early in Afrika.

Comment

I think this is one of the reasons why we find a lot of the early green webbed belts /frogs here in NZ due perhaps to the 2NZEF been involved so early in Afrika.
                                And the large number of green tropical webbing found in Australia, along with early dated caps etc
                                I don't even collect tan webbed items anymore because it doesn't really fit in with the time period of what I prefer to collect. Interestingly Greg, I do have some colour screenshots of German troops at Tobruk wearing these early green webbing y-straps.

Mark
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X