My 2020 SOS Haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2020 SOS Haul

This year the best part of the show was seeing many friends and fellow collectors that I only see once or twice a year at the SOS and/or MAX.
    I still came home with some goodies, but a good bit smaller than my traditional "haul" due to a few reasons.
    Picked up a really nice Heer M43 Infantry NCO tunic, a nice Wilhelm Hobacher Luftwaffe Flak Badge, a Regiment General Göring visor cap to go with my tunic I acquired a couple years ago, a really nice Afrika cuff title, a pair of shoulder straps to Schützen-Regiment 14, and a Heer enlisted parade belt and buckle with belt stamped to the 8. Kompanie of Infanterie-Lehr Regiment. It is also named to a "D. Fichtel". Might be worthy of a research attempt.
    Attached Files
    Todd
    Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Nice haul!
    It’s amazing how much nicely preserved German militaria is in the the USA
    I would love to go to one of those massive shows

Kind regards Chay
    Interested in collecting historical objects in a gentlemanly fashion
    100% Christian :)))
    [email protected]

Comment

Great choices, well done !
      Yes I'd love to get out there too one day, the range of items, prices and deals to be done , and catching up with other collectors must be fantastic.

Comment

Thank-you Chay and eubank.

Yes, with 2000 tables there is A LOT of militaria for sale. I usually attend Thursday afternoon, all day Friday, and most of Saturday with a late Saturday afternoon or early evening return flight. Even then, it is a challenge to see everything. Especially because I spend a lot of time socializing and catching up with collector friends and making new ones.

There are usually many collectors and some dealers from the U.K. and mainland Europe.
        Todd
        Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Comment

Comment

I'd love to go to one of these shows, but would never get anything back into Australia. Another member and I were lamenting that there are no such shows here in AU
            Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f*** up be a virtue.

Looking for a Souval RK KvK without swords (800 marked) and a 57er Luftschutz medal, 1st Class

Comment

Hi Todd,

As said before: Very nice M43. Sorry I did not get to meet you at the show - as I am pretty sure we like the same kind of items and I always enjoy your posts. Maybe next year.

Cheers, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                Hi Todd,

As said before: Very nice M43. Sorry I did not get to meet you at the show - as I am pretty sure we like the same kind of items and I always enjoy your posts. Maybe next year.

Cheers, Tom
                Hi Tom,

Sorry I did not meet you as well. If you attend the MAX, please check for me at Gus Villarreal's tables - same at the SOS.
                Todd

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                  Hi Tom,

Sorry I did not meet you as well. If you attend the MAX, please check for me at Gus Villarreal's tables - same at the SOS.
                  Hi Todd,

No MAX for me - I prefer the SOS and am limited to one US show a year. Let us try and meet up at the next SOS!

Cheers, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                    Hi Todd,

No MAX for me - I prefer the SOS and am limited to one US show a year. Let us try and meet up at the next SOS!

Cheers, Tom
                    Sounds like a plan. See you next SOS sir.
                    Todd

Comment

Very nice items! I love the tunic, could we see a picture of the lining, just to drool a bit more?
                      http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sander vw View Post
                        Very nice items! I love the tunic, could we see a picture of the lining, just to drool a bit more?
                        Thank-you Sander! Missed you at the SOS, but we know your absence was for a very good reason.

I looked through the photos I snapped after getting home from the show and my apologies but there is unfortunately only one lining shot. I can take some in the future, but at the moment the tunic is still on a torso form.
                        Attached Files
                        Todd

Comment

Awesome tunic, nice clean haul you got.

Comment

Great tunic ! Tom

Comment

Love those S14 straps Todd, and that P depot is actually a rare bird!

Good seeing you and I'm glad my straps went to a good home

vr

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X