wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Cloth Headgear Forum

Cloth Headgear Forum Covers officer visor, overseas caps, field caps, and any cloth headgear.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
heyst56

If a tailor made this quality visor for a German they had shot him on the spot

SSA
You better can stop because you making yourself ridiculous

Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
SSA

@ Tony:

Most likely the discussed cap is not LW-GFP since it's black and not grey but the pictures are at least showing that a GFP bodyguard of HG is wearing a deathhead on his cap, right?
It's from 1944 and Göring had his own GFP as you can read in several books, so why should a Luftwaffe member wear a SS eagle on his cap? Because it's fits better to the deathhead (that he obviuosly has on his cap) or what?
In fact almost nothing is known about Görings GFP and other special forces of the LW, so it's worth discussing it, that's all.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
Doug R.
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSA View Post
@ Doug:

Fantasy is only your theory about me. I bought nothing and I sold nothing. A friend of mine owns this cap and I personally think that it could be an original cap of a LW special force in Italy and another user here from Italy had the same idea, so why the fck don't you let discuss us without personally insulting me?

Before this thread most users here never heard of a LW-GFP and the ones who already knew about GFP in general thought that they were wearing these Grey/brown/skyblue caps from a Speer group as you can read here in several threads... now we know that GFP was wearing deathhead caps instead (whatever eagle doesn't really matter)

So stop beeing such arrogant. Many things are simply unknown. This cap is definately from Italy and from the 40's. Perhaps it's a fake ensemble, but perhaps not: How can you know that for sure? What was the uniform and caps of the LW-GFP? What was the uniform and caps from the LW-Kommando in Italy? Don't know it? Aha... as long you don't know it, you definately don't know if it's a fake.
ah, ok, whatever SSA, you are the one being arrogant thinking that this cap stands a chance, why dont YOU tell us why you think its real then, lets hear it?? come one, talk to us about the look, the materials the consturction etc.. please enlighten us here. one thing for sure is not unknow, ITS FAKE!!! period.

Collecting 3rd reich Daggers

Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #49
SSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug/MWI View Post
why dont YOU tell us why you think its real then, lets hear it?? come one, talk to us about the look, the materials the consturction etc.. please enlighten us here.
A friend of mine bought it in the 70s in Italy for little money and nobody who wants to make money would ever fake a cap like that.

It's a great quality, only the top piping seems fake, different and in bad quality. Propaply this cap never had a silver top piping... the lower Paspel are sewn on as well, but in much better quality and not onto an existing black one like on the top. Perhaps someone thought there has to be a top piping that fits the lower and added it.

The deathhead is made from Bakelit... Seems to be a strange fake if it is one.

The LW eagle is only sewn on on the corners, so you can have look behind it and it's obvious on this cap was always a LW in this size.

I think Bubaku was right with Luftwaffe-Kommando 1943 and I will recommend my friend to remove the fake top Paspel.

My idea with LW-GFP was the wrong way, they had grey caps with whatever eagle, but they had indeed deathheads, so the possibility of Luftwaffe-Kommando wearing black hats like this sounds not strange anymore. Since we cannot expect to find a pic of all special forces in action wearing their uniforms, there will never be a proof.

Deathheads and black color was hip in 1943 and if LW special forces would create a unique look for their outfit and they let do this in Italy were they were based, a Schirmmütze like this would fit the context.

It's too odd for beeing a fake.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
jacquesf
Association Member

You are right it is an original hat. It was worn by Freddy Mercury, when he and Queen performed "you are the champions" to Hitler, Mussolini and exiled Russian Royal family in a secret location in Argentina, during the 70's. Jacques

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
Bob Hritz
Lifetime Member

I would like to have that bakelite skull, for my collection.

Bob Hritz

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #52
Robert Shoaf
Association Member

Quote:
A friend of mine bought it in the 70s in Italy for little money and nobody who wants to make money would ever fake a cap like that.

It's a great quality, only the top piping seems fake, different and in bad quality. Propaply this cap never had a silver top piping... the lower Paspel are sewn on as well, but in much better quality and not onto an existing black one like on the top. Perhaps someone thought there has to be a top piping that fits the lower and added it.

The deathhead is made from Bakelit... Seems to be a strange fake if it is one.

The LW eagle is only sewn on on the corners, so you can have look behind it and it's obvious on this cap was always a LW in this size.

I think Bubaku was right with Luftwaffe-Kommando 1943 and I will recommend my friend to remove the fake top Paspel.

My idea with LW-GFP was the wrong way, they had grey caps with whatever eagle, but they had indeed deathheads, so the possibility of Luftwaffe-Kommando wearing black hats like this sounds not strange anymore. Since we cannot expect to find a pic of all special forces in action wearing their uniforms, there will never be a proof.

Deathheads and black color was hip in 1943 and if LW special forces would create a unique look for their outfit and they let do this in Italy were they were based, a Schirmmütze like this would fit the context.

"Deathheads and black color was hip in1943." With this kind of scholarly, well thought out response, I formally declare my belief that this just HAS to be an authentic cap. I bow down to the searing logic and knowledge thus expressed.

Bob Shoaf

Old 03-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #53
heyst56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesf View Post
You are right it is an original hat. It was worn by Freddy Mercury, when he and Queen performed "you are the champions" to Hitler, Mussolini and exiled Russian Royal family in a secret location in Argentina, during the 70's. Jacques
jacquesf no this is the hat

Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #54
jacquesf
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyst56 View Post
jacquesf no this is the hat

You are right. It is missing the scull, but the luftwaffe eagle is clear. The used to reverse the scull and eagle as a counterintelligence measure. Typcal GFP move during their post war operations. jacques

Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #55
NickG
Association Member

Quote:
OMG! What a statement!
Now that is a good way to approach this hobby!
I just found this thread, can't believe we're already 4 pages into discussing this POS!
No, let me rephrase that, make that 4 pages worth poking fun at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesf View Post
You are right. It is missing the scull, but the luftwaffe eagle is clear. They used to reverse the scull and eagle as a counterintelligence measure. Typcal GFP move during their post war operations. jacques
That was too funny Jaques!

Last edited by NickG; 03-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #56
Dmv
Association Member

Quote:
That's not only logic...that's knowledge! Let's all live by this rule and militaria collecting will be without stress.
Put this one up for the quote of the year!!!

LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #57
billbert

Well if that aint the dang blangest hat I ever did see... Billbert
YMCA GFP thats sure a funny hay and its made in Italy... jk lol

Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #58
Jan Klaassen

Quote:
I'm selling off my giraffe with swastika on it's tail. Although it's not documented, although it might not be a 40s giraffe, although it has no legs, I'm pretty sure there might perhaps have been an Afrikakorps private driving this through the sahara... Comon, it's too odd to be a fake!

Man would I like to do bussiness with you more

There's one thing I'll give you credit for; it is one of the most entertaining threads so far seen ^^

Old 03-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #59
DRK

It's a visor for Hitler's cat.....

Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #60
heyst56

I have found the man who created the LW-GFP cap