wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Police & Civil Organizations Forum

Police & Civil Organizations Forum Police, RAD, Luftschutz, Org. Todt and other civil support organizations

Order of the German Eagle 1st Class (Deutscher Adlerorden, Erste Stufe) Opinions plz.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Loke

Default Order of the German Eagle 1st Class (Deutscher Adlerorden, Erste Stufe) Opinions plz.

This fine award, Order of the German Eagle 1st Class (Deutscher Adlerorden, Erste Stufe) belongs to a friend. It was originally awarded to a named swedish forest owner who made business with the wehrmacht. Opinions over rarity and present market value are most welcome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by Der Jäger; 08-30-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
marisca lrommel
Association Member

This is a rare,beautiful, nice and original 1St German Eagle Order 1937 version: Eek:.

Very good those photos. I invite to him to visit our forum on this order:

http://www.adlerorden.creatuforo.es

Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Loke

Hi Marisca Irommel, he will appreciate the invitation to your forum. Do you have an opinion over the same owners german eagle with Star? (Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern)

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...59#post4831659

Cincerely,

Der Jäger

Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
aenobarbo

It is a very desirable Eagle Order, combination of 1937 regulation and 1939 case. Maybe the owner founded the case for his original award later?, there is also another ribbon inside.

Der Jäger: in our forum about the Eagle Order we are trying to create a place of study that advance knowledge of the German Eagle Order.

Spain is the nation where they probably gave more Eagle Orders and we are trying to make a complete list of the recipients of it. Any contribution to our project will be welcome and also of decorated data about other nations.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
Loke

Hi Aenobarbo, thanks for your answer.
The previous owner might have the name of the recipient, it will be sent to you when available.
Further I have some questions which I do hope you can find the time to answer:
Do you know who did produce the early 1937 Adlers with ring, perhaps none of the larger producers? I would also like to know if this set has a higher market value, than for example the later produced adler set with breast star at Weitze ?(6500 Euros) Are these early sets rare, or are there still quite a lot of them among Adler collectors in Spain?

Cincerely,
Der Jäger

Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #6
marisca lrommel
Association Member

The model that you present/display to us you are much more rare to find that the later model of 1939, therefore, to the little being but is also but expensive. It would not know to say a price to him, but without a doubt the price varies considerably from a version to another one. I arrange in my collection of an order of third class of 1937 and another one of the version of 1939 and the version of 1937 has a value of 500-600€ but expensive that version 1939, also depends the state on conservation of the pieces….can you indicate the measures to us of your Cross?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english: (

Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Loke

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisca lrommel View Post
….can you indicate the measures to us of your Cross?

(
I will post the exact measures as soon as possible.