wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Militaria Forum

Imperial Militaria Forum The discussion and study of Imperial German awards and of their Central Powers Allies from the First World War

Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Solf
Old 05-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
Fred Borgmann

Default Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Solf

Recently I bought a 100 Tala coin in gold from Western Samoa. This is one of 5 coin types issued by Western Samoa honoring their former Imperial German governor. Solf was a really remarkable man and is well deserving of the honor. Not many former colonies look upon their colonial history as the good old days. The coins portray Solf wearing his diplomatic uniform and wearing a group of three crosses and a round medal. Having seen some of the miracles you guys have pulled here before I was wondering if anyone reading this has a source where Solf's awards might be listed? I can send a scan to any one who needs to see it. Mailed my dues renewal check end of march but haven't heard any thing yet hence my offer. Fred

Last edited by Fred Borgmann; 05-03-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Rick Research

As of 1908, Governor Solf had:

Prussian Red Eagle Order 3rd Class with Bow, Prussian Crown Order 3rd Class, Oldenburg House Order-Knight, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach Order of the White Falcon-Commander with Star, and the Italian Order of Saints Maurice & Lazarus-Commander.

Solf's Awards
Old 05-03-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
Fred Borgmann

Default Solf's Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lundström
As of 1908, Governor Solf had:

Prussian Red Eagle Order 3rd Class with Bow, Prussian Crown Order 3rd Class, Oldenburg House Order-Knight, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach Order of the White Falcon-Commander with Star, and the Italian Order of Saints Maurice & Lazarus-Commander.
Wow! Many thanks Rick, The portrait on the coins with only four awards must pre date 1908 then. Fred