wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

WR 1/P (Mar.)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
AurimasLT

Default WR 1/P (Mar.)

Recently I found this radio receiver.

Mar.= Kriegsmarine?

Old 02-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
AurimasLT

Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurimasLT View Post
Recently I found this radio receiver.
Mar.= Kriegsmarine?
Hi Aurimas,

Power plug seems to me like soviet one but otherwise extremely nice and complete set. However i don't think that Mar. means kriegsmarine there.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Kris
Association Member

Very nice

Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
AurimasLT

Any ideas about what „Mar.“ means? My version was that it‘s abbreviation for Kriegsmarine.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
Funksammler

I think this is a subtype of the W.R.1, the manual ttile lists 5 subtypes:

R 1/P
WR 1/T
WR 1/P Mar.
WR 1 /P Rü
WR 1/P-PK

I do not know the details, but I suspect the electronic circuit will be slightly different, perhaps using some different tubes.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
AurimasLT

Val asked me to make photos right of loudspeaker and label in order to identify if it is Kriegsmarine model. So here is couple of pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg km1.jpg (156.7 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg km2.jpg (143.7 KB, 208 views)

Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
rv12p2000

Good morning
Many thank for this beautiful pics of this receiver
But this receiver use the : D-Röhren der Wehrmacht mit Loktalsockel

see : http://www.hts-homepage.de/Wehrmacht/D20er/WMD20.html

schematic diagram :

http://elektrotanya.com/wehrmacht_wr.../download.html

the same receiver with : sthal rohren : wr1 /T

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU....php?p=5134214

Regards Rv12P2000

About D 1029/1 Manual
Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
RA3CC

Default About D 1029/1 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksammler View Post
I think this is a subtype of the W.R.1, the manual title lists 5 subtypes:

R 1/P
WR 1/T
WR 1/P Mar.
WR 1 /P Rü
WR 1/P-PK

I do not know the details, but I suspect the electronic circuit will be slightly different, perhaps using some different tubes...
The most comprehensive WR 1 manual was D 1029/1 which you may find now at RKK Radio Museum site:

D1029/1 lists two basic WR 1 receiver configurations --- WR 1/T using Telefunken metal tubes (DCH11, DF11, DAF11, DC11, DDD11) and WR 1/P using Philips glass tubes with loctal base (DCH25, DF25, DAC25, DC25, DDD25).

For WR 1/P, there are three special versions listed --- WR 1/P-Mar, WR 1/P-Rü and WR 1/P-PK:

There is no doubt that "Mar" stands for "Marine" (or "Kriegsmarine" for the issue):

In fact, the WR 1/P-Mar version has the most compact comments in D 1029/1. On top of the text above, there is only one schematic diagram included which shows the modifications in the regular WR 1/P to convert it to WR 1/P-Mar:

It would be interesting to know what resistance is there on the KOPFHÖRER terminals of WR 1/P-Mar. Must be 20,000 Ohm...

The description of WR 1/P-Rü starts at Para.104 and extends up to Para.111:

To save space, I'm not touching the three special Short Wave bands (K II, K III and K IV) and special Table (Eichtabelle) used to roughly tune the WR 1/P-Rü. Referring all those interested to D 1029/1.

It was a relief to me to finally have explanation of the two extra openings found in the chassis of both WR 1/P and earlier WR 1/T. The explanation is additional BFO circuit as illustrated by the following picture:

Unfortunately I only have D 1029/1 of 1943 when the WR 1/T was discontinued (though there is the schematic diagram of WR 1/T included in the 1943 manual).

I wish I had the 1940 issue of D 1029/1 manual where I suspect similar special versions should be listed of WR 1/T-Mar, WR 1/T-Rü and WR 1/T-PK using Telefunken metal tubes...

In the meantime let me show the BFO (Hilfsoszillator) schematics of WR 1/P-Rü:

The "AM-CW" switch in WR 1/P-Rü was just switching off the filament of the BFO tube, DC25. And judging by description it should be the same type of switch which may be found in the right of the front panel controlling SPERRKREIS.

It was recommended in the D 1029/1 to use a coin (Geldstück) to operate such switches...

According to D 1029/1 additional BFO switch in WR 1/P-Rü was located between "TON BLENDE" and "LAUTSTÄRKE" buttons. So I have made the following reconstruction:

Finally, the WR 1/P-PK was a special version serving Propaganda troops of "ehemalige deutsche Wehrmacht". The "PK" abbreviation comes from the long German word "Propagandakompanie".

The WR 1/P-PK modifications are described in D 1029/1 in Para.112 thru 121. Here is the schematics of the circuit changes:

There should be certain changes in the front panel layout for WR 1/P-PK, and they must be visible between the "TON BLENDE" and "LAUTSTÄRKE" buttons like in WR 1/P-Rü.

It looks to me that such WR 1/P-PK was shown in the following picture:

Again, we have now the D 1029/1 scan at the RKK Radio Museum site (as of today, only in the Russian part of the site). Everybody interested is welcome to copy this manual along with some more manuals in German language recently placed there.

Last edited by RA3CC; 11-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Yuri D.
Association Member

Very good explanation Valery. In your opinion how rare is each type compared to the others?

Thank you

Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
RA3CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri D. View Post
... In your opinion how rare is each type compared to the others?..
Hi Yuri! In my experience, the "Mar" version is the most frequently met (though they all are extremely rare).

I have a set of pictures of another WR1/P-Mar made by Philips-Valvo in 1942:

I have never seen any WR 1/P-Rü except on some very low quality picture from eBay -- something like extra button on the front panel while two empty openings inside, i.e. no BFO.

And I have noticed the supposed WR 1/P-PK on the picture from your site only due to the D1029/1, otherwise I would never make a point seeing that photograph. (I have deleted your name from the pic, hope you don't feel offended).

So again, the WR1/P-Mar receivers seem to be possible to find while the other two special versions have never popped up within my reach...