wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to all SS cloth collecting.

SS daggers, sympathy notes, and WAF member JR Meda . . .
Old 04-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
N.C. Wyeth
Association Member

Default SS daggers, sympathy notes, and WAF member JR Meda . . .

I really hope for this thread to be read by all of the members and visitors here. It may not be directly related to militaria in general, but I think it says something we all need to stop and hear once in a while. This is something inspirational one of WAF's members did for my Wife, and I want to take a moment to share it with everyone that visits WAF.

WAF has a member by the name of JR Meda. JR has spent quite a large amount of his time in the past few months sending me pictures of many beautiful SS daggers and offering them to me for sale.

For quite a long time, I politely responded to JR with regret about being unable to afford his beautiful daggers. I did not offer any explanation as to why this is, as it related to a personal health-related crisis that my Wife has been struggling with for quite some time. Financially, we had been struggling as well because of the problem. We made it through this struggle once, only to find it returned again this Fall. Fortunately, her situation was detected early enough in stage, and she has once again emerged free from trouble after some expedient and excessively exhausting treatment. She has been a true combatant, and I envy her so for what she accomplished in her treatment - not many succeed in the same condition as she was in.

Now, we are getting back on our feet again. Not necessarily healthy, wealthy, and wise, but at least HEALTHY. We have put all of this behind us, and we are not looking back!

JR recently contacted me again with a proposal on another beautiful SS dagger, and once again, I had to politely decline. I was beginning to feel guilty for all of the trouble he was going through to no avail. My Wife and I were not, and still are not, very open about the struggle we have been dealing with, but I felt that I finally owed JR a truthful explanation for my rejection. I gave it to him simple and short.

Do you know how he replied? He simply asked for my address. At the time, I couldn't understand why.

Below you will see pictures of what JR sent to my Wife in the mail. I want everyone here to take notice of this: JR, and my Wife and I, have never met. Prior to January of this year, he didn't even know that we existed. To this point in time, he still only knows us through e-mail contact. For someone to take the time and send a card like this says a lot about the character in a person to me. Not very many people take the time to send a card to someone they truly don't know, and especially not one of this magnitude.

JR - to me you are a bona-fide #1 "Class Act". You touched a part of my Wife's heart that she will never forget. I hope you don't mind this thread, but I really felt that everyone here ought to see this firsthand. We all spend a lot of time commenting about the negative aspects of Life (I'm as guilty as anyone in the Forum for this), and I think this is a chance for me to spread a little inspiration. I am indebted to you, and I want to extend to you my warmest and most heartfelt respect of gratitude. You have made a friend in both me and my Wife, and we will never forget the inspiration you have given us in such simple way.

I hope that all the members here will take moment to reflect on some of the good things we can all contribute from time to time to each other - be it simple or grand . . .

Thanks again JR,

your friends in Cincinnati,

Amy and Brad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0525.JPG (51.0 KB, 180 views)

Old 04-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
N.C. Wyeth
Association Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0527.JPG (56.7 KB, 590 views)

Old 04-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
NTZ
Association Member

Now that is pure class, maybe we can all take a lesson on how to treat our fellow man.

Class
Old 04-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
Carlton Gooch

Default Class

I think that "Both" of you are indeed a couple of Class Acts. All the best to You , your Wife and J.R., Calton

I agree
Old 04-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
CRAIGGOODWIN
Lifetime Member

Default I agree

JR is a really good guy - no doubt & people like him are what makes this forum great

Craig

Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Bernie Brule
Association Member

I can only second what has been said here about JR. We also have never met. But ever since he learned I had cancer, he occasionally drops me a quick e-mail to ask me how I am doing and offer me support.

One day, I received a book from him entitled "The Power of Intention" about how to make your world what you want it to be. I have yet to read it but it is on my list.

JR truly has a heart as big as all outdoors and I am proud to call him my friend.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
JasonS

That was an amazingly nice thing to read about. It no-doubt made your day and it just made mine as well.

I have dealt with JR on a few items and I can only echo others comments here. He is a class act.

My wife and I wish both of you a long healthy life.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #8
MJC
Association Member

Wow JR, one hell of a gesture. Beers on me next SOS or Max.

Brad, best to you and the family.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
Waffen-Mike

It is clear from this thread that JR is one outstanding gentlemen. And Brad, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and especially your wife during this time of family hardship.

Mike

Old 04-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Scott Powell

a tip of the hat to an outstanding gentleman,and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 AM   #11
HunterSS

Thanks for sharing that story, I'm sure if JR is the kind of man that would do such a caring and thoughtful thing he would never himself have told anyone else. Way to go JR and I hope your good karma comes back tenfold. My best to you and your wife. Mike Barnette

Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #12
Hee-La

JR is a pretty cool dude.
glad your wife is ok

Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #13
Bobwirtz

I keep hearing the addage, "Good guys finish last," but I'm sure that doesn't apply at the Gates of Heaven. We are not on this planet for ourselves, we are here for others as JR has amply demonstrated. If you ever think, "Do I make a difference in this world?" then take a lesson here. We all do and hopefully, like JR, we make a very positive one. Brad, I pray that you and your wife will enjoy clear sailing for many years now. Sometimes we have to weather storms that come our way, but hopefully you'll get through them unscathed.

Bob

Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #14
Ian Hulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTZ
Now that is pure class, maybe we can all take a lesson on how to treat our fellow man.
I totally agree with the sentiments above. All the very best to you and yours from the Derbyshire Peak District

Ian.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #15
junior

I can only 'dito' the above comments, way to go! Too bad not everybody is such a gentleman!

Brad, good luck to you and Amy.

Kind regards,
Junior