wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #31
harrison987
Association Member

I do not think they are afraid.

Multi-millionaire has an illegal tank and weapons with millions of euros sitting in his basement.

The German Government needs the money. Nothing better than confiscating it and selling it.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #32
orgona

Hello Harrison,

nice statement but far far from reality.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #33
harrison987
Association Member

How so?

I have numerous friend sin Germany who tell me that almost 50% of the German people do not work, and live off the Social Security system...

The euro is low, and the German Government constantly borrows money to cover healthcare and retirement payments...

Everyone I know complains about this.

The Panther is not deactivated correctly as per the BAFA...everyone has known that for decades.

So only "now" they decide to confiscate his items?

It is all about timing...

Old 07-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #34
Lloyds
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post
I do not think they are afraid.

Multi-millionaire has an illegal tank and weapons with millions of euros sitting in his basement.

The German Government needs the money. Nothing better than confiscating it and selling it.

DO you really think the German government is that bothered about the price a panther will bring its worth about £1- £2 mil that is a drop in the ocean to them as is the rest of his collection

Old 07-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #35
harrison987
Association Member

The US Government does it all the time...It is called a "government seized" auction.

So...based on the current German economy, yes...

A Panzer IV in non-running, un-restored condition sold for 2.5 million US last year....so a restored functioning Panther will certainly fetch 2-3 times that.

There was no reason to confiscate it, if they simply only want it demilitarized...they could have left it there, and order him to get the work done.

Instead, they take it away, along with a FlaK...?

There are other intentions here...probably the start of something bigger.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #36
Lou58
Association Member

I smell a rat here, as they could of check out the items and if anything need to be done to bring the items up to the current law requirements it could off being done with out them removing them!

Lou

Old 07-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #37
orgona

Hello Harrison,

I am German and I can tell you that your informations are wrong.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:39 AM   #38
r_hufschmied

Harrison.

You're barking up the wrong tree and seeing conspiracy where there is none. The German authorities have been on Klaus Friedrich Fllicks back for decades to rectify and amend irregularities concerning his collection and he has done zip, nada, nothing to comply. This blatant failure to comply to current legislation has left them no choice but to act with confiscation.

The fact that Klaus Dieter is/was in possession of some Nazi artifacts of questionable origin has not helped his case either. This coupled with "closet Nazi" rumors ...

Old 07-06-2015, 08:03 AM   #39
Paul.B.

Do you blame the guy for not wanting to cut holes in his big dollar investment.
What you have is a case of some government fools flexing there power tripping muscles on a guy who has a what a naughty nasty nazi tank shock horror, so politically incorrect ve must do something, seize it! seize it! What a naughty boy.
The rules and regs in Germany STINK no two ways about it.
I find the whole thing just a big fat joke. Surely there are bigger problems to be dealing with.
But it makes great news obviously.

Last edited by Paul.B.; 07-06-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #40
saar

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post

I have numerous friend sin Germany who tell me that almost 50% of the German people do not work, and live off the Social Security system...
I can't imagine anyone can be so gullible to believe this BS.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #41
JanC
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saar View Post
I can't imagine anyone can be so gullible to believe this BS.
Of course not. Unemployment in Germany is like 6-7% of the population. It has the strongest economy in Europe.

I think Harrison is confusing Germany with Greece...

Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #42
NickG
Association Member

Greece 25% unemployment. Germany indeed the strongest economy, power house in the EU! They don't need the tank money...The military artifacts confiscation is retribution for the Nazi art (statues) that he also owned and collected from sketchy sources with sketchy ownership trail.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justi...a-1041868.html

here

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-135105137.html

Old 07-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #43
Alan Smith
Association Member

What ramifications exist under German law re: the Panther not having been properly deactivated? Are there criminal penalties? What about forfeiture of the non-compliant weaponry (i.e. the Panther)?

Whether we like the deactivation laws or not, such laws are in effect in Germany (and here in the U.S. re: machineguns and "Destructive Devices" such as the main gun found on a Panther tank). If Mr. Flick failed to comply with these laws, then he has created a legal problem that it sounds like he will now have to address.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #44
Schnellmeyer

Some facts , this Panther was recovered from a scrapyard in Surrey , England in 1978 by Herr Flick . Period photos show the Panther in the scrapyard with some of the armour removed and the barrell of the main gun cut off and deactivated .
Herr Flick imported the Panther into Germany and got the paperwork to do so from the authorities . Over the years he restored the Panther and photos of this work have been featured in magazines. This Panther was not hidden from the public as some people like to claim , the local people in the area knew all about it as did the Mayor and they has no problems with it .
The local DA Frau Hess however it would seem is on a power trip , she is investigating the trade in "Nazi" artifacts and sadly has ordered the seizure of Herr Flick's collection .
Herr Flick is the legal owner of this Panther and has spent a fortune restoring it , what has happened is a disgrace and I hope he sues the asses off the fools who were behind this whole affair .

Old 07-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #45
medalnet
Association Member

ridiculous! All politics, made in Germany.

medalnet.net