wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Looking for current TrVsu info
Old 11-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Collectinsteve

Default Looking for current TrVsu info

I've been acquiring interesting uniform pieces from various trials conducted since 2011. In that year the BW officially kicked off a trial called "Kampfanzug Einsatz/Übung". I have production samples from 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016 in 3FTD. At least the first version (2011) had 5FTD and 5FTD Troppen. I am not sure, but so far everything I've seen from 2012-2016 is in 3FTD only.

In 2016 the BW announced a totally new camouflage pattern, Multi Tarn Druck (MTD), would be introduced along with a new reversible Schneetarn (Snow) uniform. I have seen pictures of the Schneetarn uniform in use with GJ units over last winter, but not an widespread issue of MTD yet.

So a couple of questions come to mind:

1. Does anybody have any information on the later (2012-2016) trial uniforms?

2. What is the status of MTD and Schneetarn at this time?

Thanks!

Steve

Old 11-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
Klaus1989

was MTD intended as new pattern to entirely replace even 5FTD? 2016 articles seem to give conflicting infos, if it was complete replacement or for semiarid regions between 5FTD and 3FTD. Most admitted it was best pattern for Central Europe woodlands, so seem odd choice in that case. Special forces like KSK supposed to receive it first, but there is still almost no infos on German sites since 2016 except a couple photos of mannequins at a show earlier this year.

Klaus

Old 11-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
Collectinsteve

Many nations are moving to a "universal pattern" for use in both temperate and arid environments. The US Army's previous uniform (UCP) was a large scale attempt which was deemed a failure. After it was admitted to be a flop, the US Army retained a single pattern concept instead of reverting to two distinct camouflage patterns. Other nations, such as Great Britain and Denmark, have also moved to a universal pattern. Although the camouflage might be the same within a particular branch or nation, there are some differences in terms of tailoring and cloth type for different environments.

With that background, I would not be surprised to find the BW doing the same thing by adopting a single camouflage pattern and retaining a lighter weight version for warm/hot climates. That reduces the current 3 standard uniforms down to 2.

It is also possible that the new MTD is for special uses only, similar to 3FTD Wüstentarn.

I'd love to get more info on this.

Steve