wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

Old 07-08-2017, 02:11 AM   #16
Funksammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This week I found a Köln E52 b receiver. The color of the receiver is not usal Luftwaffe Blugrau ,it looks like Ral 7001. Could it be T8K44? What was the differences between E 52 and T8K44? The knobs are also different style.
Factory Number: 124-420-108
Sorry Rusty that your thread was hijacked by an ignorant cyberbully. Fortunately this sort of repulsive behaviour is rare on this forum, normally you will receive fiable information shared by experienced collectors. Those who join this international network to learn and share verifyable information are more than welcome, those that offer nothing but disinformation and abuse are not.

By now you will have learned that the T8K44 is most likely to be an administrave Kriegsmarine denomination, and that there is no evidence (either in current collections, period photographs etc.) that receivers were ever marked as such.

As to the light grey colour, on most repainted sets it is pretty clear that they have been repainted. The E-52 was still used commercially many years after the war and prolonged use caused the paint to wear, expecially around the controls. If you search online you will find examples of original receivers showing such wear. These receivers in commercial use were at some point "refreshed" without adhering to the original colour scheme, sometimes they were repainted in a different colour simply to hide their military provenance.

Evidence of light grey E-52's in Kriegsmarine use is hard to come by, the evidence we have from surviving original examples, period photographs and documentation point that they rolled of the production line in Radenberg (and not Berlin) painted dark grey. If credible evidence of the contrary emerges I will gladly revise my opinion.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 07-08-2017, 02:21 AM   #17
Tornfuté

Hello all
On an original set the serial number match , on front pannel label
and inside the left hing-cover ( left of label Rv12p2000)
Here we see 463100 and probably 467803,
Showing this set is reworked after war
What about the Bfo ? Seems me strange on E52 b -1
Pierre

Old 07-08-2017, 03:09 AM   #18
Well

Уважаемые господа! Хоть из Нормандии, хоть из Прибалтики! Кажется, вы много кичитесь, превознося СЕБЯ на этом, действительно, уровневом форуме. Давайте конкретику, а не домыслы. Я не утверждаю, что отверстие в передней панели первого и второго аппаратов не новодел, но на 100 процентов знаю, что мой Кельн 463100 в таком виде был получен советским офицером в 1945-м году в Мурманске, потом неизменно находился в Ленинграде, после чего попал ко мне. И неужели вы думаете, что материалы, которыми пользуетесь вы (не показывая свои коллекции, которых очкевидно нет у вас), - те материалы недоступны коллекционерам из бывшего СССР? Более того, мы располагаем по некоторым радиоприемникам Вермахта исследовательскими данными советских НИИ (Т9к39, LN 21021, Fu.h.e.u и другие), чего нет и не было на Западе, а редкие описания технических характеристик (Кроме Артура Бауэра) являются любительскими и немного смешными.

Простите за откровенность, но кажется здесь некоторые много на себя берут. Особенно из Прибалтики.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #19
Funksammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornfuté View Post
Hello all
On an original set the serial number match , on front pannel label
and inside the left hing-cover ( left of label Rv12p2000)
Here we see 463100 and probably 467803,
Showing this set is reworked after war
What about the Bfo ? Seems me strange on E52 b -1
Pierre
I am still in two minds about whether modifications to the BFO design of the b-1 are period or not. There seem to be a fair percentage of original looking b-1's with this modification (for example on LA6NCA'a website: http://www.la6nca.net/tysk/e52b/index.htm). I think replicating the correct co-axial controls witout access to original parts would have been a challenge (refer to Rusty's example as a point in case). Perhaps when faulty receivers were returned to the Wehrmacht maintenance workshops, they fitted another BFO module.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 07-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #20
Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well View Post
Более того, мы располагаем по некоторым радиоприемникам Вермахта исследовательскими данными советских НИИ (Т9к39, LN 21021, Fu.h.e.u и другие), чего нет и не было на Западе, а редкие описания технических характеристик (Кроме Артура Бауэра) являются любительскими и немного смешными.
It is actually very Well known fact that soviets invented the Köln and Germans just badly copied that. Here i give you the one and only original Soviet Köln, masterpiece of the Soviet design.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:05 AM   #21
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well View Post
The Dear colleague! What background of the scale beside you - black or white? In my - black.
I have black background and white scale writeings on my E52b. What it means?

Old 07-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #22
Funksammler

Since the original asker of the question is obvioiusly unable to answer your question I hope you can accept an explanation from those non-reliable western sources...

Up to September 1944, the photographic frequency scale was produced for each individual receiver. Special machines were constructed that tuned the receiver to a specific frequency, a light would flash so that the frequency would be added to the glass tuning scale by photographic means. The machine would automatically run through all bands of the receiver from the lowest to the highest frequency, creating a bespoke frequency dial for each receiver. All tuning disks produced in this way were dark background with light writing.

Here is an example of a frequency dial produced by this process:

A notch in the glass ensures that it can be precisely mounted into the receiver. Also note that there is a number written on the disk:

Each receiver was delivered with two disks, one fitted into the receiver and a spare disk separately. This particular disk is probaby the spare disk for receiver "1106".

This number would also be printed onto the receiver. You can find the number of your receiver on the top of the chassis (in this case receiver nr "1213".

Note that this disk number is not the same as the "Werk nr" of the receiver.

This photographic process took about 12 hours for each receiver and only a limited number of calibration machines were available, one of the main reasons why the production rate of "Köln" receivers was rather low. It is estimated that on average only 8 receivers were produced per day. You can read a more in depth description of the calibration process here: http://lucafusari.altervista.org/pag...tic/Optic.html

In September 1944 design changes were introduced to the Köln receiver that made it possible to tune the receiver to a fixed scale, from that moment on all receivers were fitted with a unitary tuning disk. This meant the slow photographic printing of the disks for each receiver was no longer required and production could be increased. The unitary disks were black writing printed on transparent glass.

So it means that your Köln was build before september 1944.

Since the Kriegsmarine only introduced the Köln in 1944 (The clue is in the name T8K44) it is likely that the Kriegsmarine could only be supplied after the printing production bottleneck was removed, meaning that Kriegsmarine examples likely had black writing on a white background frequency scales.

regards,

Funksammler

Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #23
lz2fx

Шлюха путиносифилистическая...

Old 08-31-2017, 06:09 AM   #24
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksammler View Post
Since the original asker of the question is obvioiusly unable to answer your question I hope you can accept an explanation from those non-reliable western sources...

All you know. That this? Show more?

https://youtu.be/qzqpq-pGJ4I

Glasplate production
Old 08-31-2017, 07:50 AM   #25
LA6NCA

Default Glasplate production

Very interesting how they entered the frequencies of the plate.
Was a glass plate with photoresist placed into the radio while the numbers were projected through optics?

LA6NCA

Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 AM   #26
Funksammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA6NCA View Post
Very interesting how they entered the frequencies of the plate.
Was a glass plate with photoresist placed into the radio while the numbers were projected through optics?

LA6NCA
No, I think the disks where created in the special machine and only afterwards placed in the receiver. I suspect the machines had duplicate optical systems so that two disks for each receiver were made at the same time. One was placed in the receiver while the other was kept as a spare.

regards,

Funksammler