wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #331
Gordon Craig

The other tunic like this in my collection, which I said was Bavarian earlier, could be for any police for that used these tunics. It has no sleeve shield or markings and is a noticeably different colour than the Hessen one. It does not have holes in the sides for belt ramps. It has a slot in the side which comes out under the pocket flap of the right hip pocket for carrying a handgun. Here are some pictures of the tunic and the slot for the handgun on the inside of the tunic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4526.jpg (187.1 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4520.jpg (191.5 KB, 204 views)

Old 10-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #332
Gordon Craig

Where the slot comes out to the exterior under the pocket flap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4521.jpg (156.0 KB, 206 views)

Old 10-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #333
Gordon Craig

The holster can be worn in two different methods. One with a sling over the shoulders, similar to a sword slings, or by a belt around the waist under the tunic.
This particular holster would not have worked through the small opening in the tunic and is used here only as an example of how one would be worn under a tunic on a belt. This holster would have been worn on a belt on the exterior of a tunic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4517.jpg (101.0 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4519.jpg (182.1 KB, 205 views)

Old 10-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #334
Gordon Craig

I have another tunics in my collection with this slit for a holster but the button for this tunic is sewn to the pocket flap and the pocket was never meant to be used as a pocket.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 10-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #335
Collectinsteve

I don't have a photo handy, but I have a 1960s Zoll field jacket, with rank on the collar, that is of this material. From what I remember it looks similar to the one Gordon posted, but possibly without the flap. I don't know where it is at the moment so I can't check. I'm sure I put a picture of it on this forum at some point. Ah! A search found it

Main difference I see is my jacket has slant lower pockets instead of Gordon's typical pleated pockets. I used to have another one like this years ago but I sold it. I am not sure I kept pictures of it.

Steve

Old 10-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #336
Collectinsteve

Heh... I found a picture and a description of the jacket I sold in 2008. It looks to be the same type Gordon has shown. The funny part is my records show I sold it to Klaus long before I joined this Forum. Small world I sold it as "Zoll" so I had some reason to suspect that is who wore it. I bought a Zoll uniform grouping around the same time, so maybe it came from that.

Steve

Old 10-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #337
chiffonnier

One from Baden-Wurtemberg with green piping round the collar.

Kees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2811.JPG (175.7 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2817.jpg (185.6 KB, 198 views)

Old 10-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #338
chiffonnier

Label.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2808.JPG (182.9 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2809.jpg (185.4 KB, 198 views)

Old 10-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #339
chiffonnier

Back and badge.
All the best,
Kees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2814.JPG (186.8 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2812.jpg (183.8 KB, 198 views)

Old 10-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #340
Klaus1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectinsteve View Post
Heh... I found a picture and a description of the jacket I sold in 2008. It looks to be the same type Gordon has shown. The funny part is my records show I sold it to Klaus long before I joined this Forum. Small world I sold it as "Zoll" so I had some reason to suspect that is who wore it. I bought a Zoll uniform grouping around the same time, so maybe it came from that.

Steve
This is the jacket in post #331 (I think)! I sold it to Gordon several years ago, when I decided to focus on early BGS. It was determined by several police collectors to be from Bavarian Bereitschaftspolizei and not Zoll.

Regards
Klaus

Old 10-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #341
Klaus1989

Here is the West Berlin version for sale on gunbroker. Despite claim, that "US GI veteran reports it is Italian made tunic for Germans" and "captured in Italy", there is photo of the PP Berlin stamp! Outline of collartabs are also visible. I have seen a few of these, which are almost always sold as "Luftwaffe summer tunics". The cut of tunic is completely different from WW2, especially pockets and shoulderboards.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=449419131

These were worn as summer tunics at least into early 1960s. Bepo units used olive coveralls in field. I had found this period photo of one long time ago on internet:

Regards
Klaus

Old 10-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #342
Gordon Craig

Klaus,

Yes that is the jacket that you sold to me. When I first received from you I knew nothing about these jackets and kept the designation as Bavarian Bereitschaftspolizei. Now that I have had more "hands on" experience with these tunics I've re-designated it as just polizei. I have picture of Bavarian polizei wearing this type of jacket and of course my M43 style cap with a Bavarian cockade is good proof that they wore then but not definitive for this tunic as it has no markings. My Bavarian pictures do not show the left are so I can not tell if they wore them or not. It would seem logical as other states who wore this tunic material did.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 10-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #343
Gordon Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffonnier View Post
One from Baden-Wurtemberg with green piping round the collar.

Kees
Kees,

Thanks for the post. This proves that at least some of these tunics were made from new post war material. Thanks for posting it.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #344
Gordon Craig

Klaus,

Thanks very much for the link to the PPBrln summer tunic. First time I have seen pictures of it inside and out. Great resource for my Berlin Polizei collection.

Regards,

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1989 View Post
Here is the West Berlin version for sale on gunbroker. Despite claim, that "US GI veteran reports it is Italian made tunic for Germans" and "captured in Italy", there is photo of the PP Berlin stamp! Outline of collartabs are also visible. I have seen a few of these, which are almost always sold as "Luftwaffe summer tunics". The cut of tunic is completely different from WW2, especially pockets and shoulderboards.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=449419131

These were worn as summer tunics at least into early 1960s. Bepo units used olive coveralls in field. I had found this period photo of one long time ago on internet:

Regards
Klaus

Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #345
SCHUPO

Yes, an excellent photograph. Also, notice that he is armed with a US M1 carbine along with the US web magazine pouches worn on his leather belt. I have seen these carbines marked to various Bavarian Police organizations but I have never seen one property marked to the Berlin Polizei. There are other photos of Berlin Police armed with the M1 carbine... I would just like to find a property marked example.