wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Field/Tailor Made Camo Items
Old 05-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default Field/Tailor Made Camo Items

I've decided to start a new thread of my own on Field made tunics, shirts, Trousers, Caps instead of continuing to post on another members thread in the Fallschirmjaeger forum.

Here is a new pickup and I have several others on the way to me. Feel free to post or re-post any of your field made camo pics and items that you own as I will probably do the same.

May15 - LW personnel wearing Italian Field made Camo Jackets - Italy 1944
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Field Made Camo Jacket 2 - 1.JPG (80.4 KB, 972 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
17thairborne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bill, great idea. Thanks for consolidating this interesting aspect of collecting. We appreciate it, and enjoy analyzing the details of your images. Glad you are able to find so many fantastic shots!!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Oz....Thank you for saying that as it is much appreciated. I would like to point out and emphasize that the intent of this thread is to post original photos of Field made camo and Field made items that collectors actually own and possess.

I do not want to take away from another thread that was started by Jeroen wo2 on Field Made Items with the subject title of "Post your Field made Photos". I see a difference between the two threads as many of the photos being posted on Jeroen's thread are taken from other sources....websites, books, Archive photos and of course some original photos owned by collectors mixed in and also do not include actual field made Camo items.

Bill Petz


Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thairborne View Post
Bill, great idea. Thanks for consolidating this interesting aspect of collecting. We appreciate it, and enjoy analyzing the details of your images. Glad you are able to find so many fantastic shots!!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #4
17thairborne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You are going to get me to collect this stuff too aren't you?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #5
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Oz....After making the jump follow the yellow brick road to the land of Camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thairborne View Post
You are going to get me to collect this stuff too aren't you?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Here is a recent photo that I won on Ebay....unfortunately this photo never made it out of the Bundespost that the seller took it to as it was stolen from that post office under registered letter RG642334385DE. Seller lives in Massbach Kreis Bad Kissingen and he is returning the money I paid for the photo as it was done by bank transfer. If anyone sees it for sale anywhere else please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Field Made Camo Jacket 1.jpg (59.8 KB, 872 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #7
Tom B
Member
 
Tom B is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Petz View Post
Here is a recent photo that I won on Ebay....unfortunately this photo never made it out of the Bundespost that the seller took it to as it was stolen from that post office under registered letter RG642334385DE. Seller lives in Massbach Kreis Bad Kissingen and he is returning the money I paid for the photo as it was done by bank transfer. If anyone sees it for sale anywhere else please let me know.
Shame ! a very nice photo ! Thieves at post offices all over the world are getting out of hand ! Many of them know militaria is valuable and also know who the dealers are from their area. Tom
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
17thairborne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

THis will certainly turn out to be an awesome thread. I am adding my photo which shows what has been suggested as men wearing what are LW ground troop smocks that are tucked in or cut off.

I cannot imagine they are tucked in as that would be a butt-load of material to tuck into the trousers and it would bunch up in strange places. These have to be either modified smocks or field/tailor made from scratch.

In the close up you can see some great details of the eagle, buttons and shoulder boards. Note the wool and camo type boards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (69.8 KB, 843 views)
File Type: jpg Militaria120 crop close.jpg (99.1 KB, 842 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #9
17thairborne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bill,
Sorry about the loss of the photo. I am going through that with a Holland shipped item.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #10
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Oz....The thing that really torques me off is that the photo never even made it out of the post office where it was taken to be posted...so thieves are really getting bold. It was registered and stolen at the same post office. Many of my photos sent by registered mail (over 30 or so) from Germany have disappeared in the "black hole" between Frankfurt and New York since I returned back to the US in January 2012. Several never made it out of customs in NYC. Which really puzzles me as they are only photos? I never had a problem once they made it out of New York enroute to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thairborne View Post
Bill,
Sorry about the loss of the photo. I am going through that with a Holland shipped item.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #11
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Oz and I apparently competed against each other as I won the other two photos out of this small group.

Here are some closeups of the same LWFD soldiers...The Jackets may have been modified but not sure as they are wearing Jump trousers which are quite roomy...one thing they are not are field made LWFD Jackets. My photo shows a bit more detail on the HBT Camo shoulder straps.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thairborne View Post
THis will certainly turn out to be an awesome thread. I am adding my photo which shows what has been suggested as men wearing what are LW ground troop smocks that are tucked in or cut off.

I cannot imagine they are tucked in as that would be a butt-load of material to tuck into the trousers and it would bunch up in strange places. These have to be either modified smocks or field/tailor made from scratch.

In the close up you can see some great details of the eagle, buttons and shoulder boards. Note the wool and camo type boards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jun15 - LWFD 1.jpg (101.8 KB, 813 views)
File Type: jpg Jun15 - LWFD 2.jpg (57.9 KB, 812 views)

Last edited by W Petz; 06-08-2015 at 06:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #12
HAF
Member
 
HAF's Avatar
 
HAF is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Petz View Post
Here is a recent photo that I won on Ebay....unfortunately this photo never made it out of the Bundespost that the seller took it to as it was stolen from that post office under registered letter RG642334385DE. Seller lives in Massbach Kreis Bad Kissingen and he is returning the money I paid for the photo as it was done by bank transfer. If anyone sees it for sale anywhere else please let me know.
to bad it was stolen .......
just if i may ask is this a field division jacket reworked with jump smock style pockets?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #13
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

I don't think it is a field division jacket reworked. The collar on this jacket is not as wide compared to the field division jacket which leads me to believe it is a field made piece in Zeltbahn done by a unit tailor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAF View Post
to bad it was stolen .......
just if i may ask is this a field division jacket reworked with jump smock style pockets?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #14
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Jun15 - Heeres Soldier wearing Italian Camo trousers - Italy Oct 44
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jun15 - Camo Trousers Portrait.jpg (43.6 KB, 760 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #15
W Petz
Association Member
 
W Petz's Avatar
 
W Petz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain
Posts: 25,615
Default

Jun15 - LW man wearing a field made Italian Camo Tunic - Italy 1944
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jun15 - Italian Camo Tunic Portrait.jpg (31.8 KB, 723 views)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com