wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 08-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
Johnny R
Association Member
 
Johnny R's Avatar
 
Johnny R is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern US
Posts: 17,551
Default

Nick! Great Photos
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #17
NickG
Association Member
 
NickG's Avatar
 
NickG is online now
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wehrkreis Süd Kalifornien
Posts: 22,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodgson View Post
Nick! Great Photos
Here's another Austrian fatigue Wehrmacht re-issue!
(image originates from Austria...further proof that these are indeed AnschluB conversions!)

Check out those bellowed pockets, fly-front and "unpiped" (is that a word even?) early pointed shoulderboards!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mit%20O8%20Tasche.jpg (48.9 KB, 1543 views)

Last edited by NickG; 08-19-2008 at 11:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Finnish Tunic Example In German Use
Old 08-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
NickG
Association Member
 
NickG's Avatar
 
NickG is online now
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wehrkreis Süd Kalifornien
Posts: 22,504
Default Finnish Tunic Example In German Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspare View Post
,,has anyone ever see a Latvian, Polish, Finnish, rework/reissue?
Here's a Finnish example, an interesting picture, which fellow WAF member Olli Wikberg published in his "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" book.
It was shown already in the Waffen SS section earlier this year (of course with Olli's approval...thanks Olli!)
So for the sake of this topic, I'm repeating it here!
Note the Finnish Waffen SS volunteer NCO on leave in Finland now donning his (old) Finnish M36 summer tunic...
now modified with Waffen SS insignia! Posing with him a Finnish Army officer buddy in an unmodified version of the same tunic,
which makes for a neat comparison!
Note buttonless fly front and no skirt pockets... the pants are also Finnish...with bell bottoms...very un-German!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finnss.jpg (68.9 KB, 1543 views)

Last edited by NickG; 08-19-2008 at 01:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #19
Askold
Member
 
Askold's Avatar
 
Askold is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
Default

Reworked Czech tunics and helmets were also used by foreign volunteers. Latvian police was outfitted in such unfiorms. Similarly Ukrainian "Roland" legion wore Czech tunics with Ukrainian/German insignia (but they kept the czech buttons!)





  Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
NickG
Association Member
 
NickG's Avatar
 
NickG is online now
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wehrkreis Süd Kalifornien
Posts: 22,504
Default

Here's another neat uniform study:
A anschluB conversion tunic image from Bill Petz, recently posted in the photo section.
All credit goes to Bill!

Note pocket flaps, breast eagle position + added German collar!
Note also early Heer conversion Reichwehr schirmmutze with early TR eagle and added cockade to wreath which is a Reichwehr pattern still!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1354.jpg (49.3 KB, 1494 views)

Last edited by NickG; 10-04-2008 at 01:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote

.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #21
nickwall
Association Member
 
nickwall's Avatar
 
nickwall is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 445
Default .

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odd1.jpg (63.0 KB, 1468 views)
  Reply With Quote

2
Old 10-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #22
nickwall
Association Member
 
nickwall's Avatar
 
nickwall is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 445
Default 2

More.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odd2.jpg (64.6 KB, 1484 views)
  Reply With Quote

3
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #23
nickwall
Association Member
 
nickwall's Avatar
 
nickwall is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 445
Default 3

More.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odd3.jpg (45.4 KB, 1490 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #24
Johnny R
Association Member
 
Johnny R's Avatar
 
Johnny R is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern US
Posts: 17,551
Default

21 shows Austrian tunics and hats with dark green collars and WH insignia, 23 is a Dutch tunic. The tunic is 22 looks German issue but the hat is very interesting. Someone in headgear may know what that is. Nice Photos, I need to dig mine out.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
-Herbstnebel-
Member
 
-Herbstnebel- is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 116
Default

Hi everyone!

I just posted a thread on this forum and now, really by accident, I come across this thread. please take a look. I bought this photocard today. And I thought it would be Autrian (but than I thought they only had the batwing scalloped pocketflaps). The tunic certainly looks like those on the first pics here.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=376122

Is is Anschluss converted?

Last edited by -Herbstnebel-; 08-23-2009 at 04:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #26
-Herbstnebel-
Member
 
-Herbstnebel- is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Here's a Finnish example, an interesting picture, which fellow WAF member Olli Wikberg published in his "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" book.
It was shown already in the Waffen SS section earlier this year (of course with Olli's approval...thanks Olli!)
So for the sake of this topic, I'm repeating it here!
Note the Finnish Waffen SS volunteer NCO on leave in Finland now donning his (old) Finnish M36 summer tunic...
now modified with Waffen SS insignia! Posing with him a Finnish Army officer buddy in an unmodified version of the same tunic,
which makes for a neat comparison!
Note buttonless fly front and no skirt pockets... the pants are also Finnish...with bell bottoms...very un-German!!
Very interesting Nick! I wonder how many collectors would write this Finnish modified tunic off as a strange, put together fantasy SS tunic if it would ever turn up!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #27
billbert
Association Member
 
billbert is online now
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 7,702
Default

Since I believe at the time of the takeover that the Czech army was the laregest in all of europe no doubt the 3rd reich would have utilized the clothing stocks anyway possible.. a waste not world in europe back then it was... JMHO Billbert
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #28
-Herbstnebel-
Member
 
-Herbstnebel- is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbert View Post
Since I believe at the time of the takeover that the Czech army was the laregest in all of europe no doubt the 3rd reich would have utilized the clothing stocks anyway possible.. a waste not world in europe back then it was... JMHO Billbert
Yes definately! A friend of mine once had a mint Czech gasmask with canvas bag full of WaA stamps... the same thing goes for the large stocks of Wehrmacht material after 1945.
  Reply With Quote

Austrian
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #29
Christian_GJR3
Member
 
Christian_GJR3's Avatar
 
Christian_GJR3 is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 903
Default Austrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Herbstnebel- View Post
Hi everyone!

I just posted a thread on this forum and now, really by accident, I come across this thread. please take a look. I bought this photocard today. And I thought it would be Autrian (but than I thought they only had the batwing scalloped pocketflaps). The tunic certainly looks like those on the first pics here.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=376122

Is is Anschluss converted?

Hi Herbstnebel. Check my Austrian Heer converted drillich tunic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3746.jpg (102.9 KB, 1366 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #30
-Herbstnebel-
Member
 
-Herbstnebel- is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
Hi Herbstnebel. Check my Austrian Heer converted drillich tunic.
Thank you christian! Very unusal, thanks for sharing! The uniform on my photocard doesn't look like this tunic at all. Now I'm sure it's not Austrian, but most likely Czech.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com