wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #46
Gordon Craig

comune1aclasse,

Thanks for the link. He does indeed wear four rows of ribbons in the photo you referenced so this is possible his tunic. It is unfortunate that the photo doesn't give a better view of what the ribbons are. Perhaps someone has a list of his awards they could post?
The hat is still something that I am not happy about.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #47
stonemint
Distinguished Contributor

Wow--someone thought the set was legit--it went for EUR 893.00

$947.25

Old 12-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #48
Collectinsteve

The uniform is definitely legit BGS and such uniforms are very rare. Whether it belonged particular general or not, that's a bit unclear. Personally, it didn't affect my bidding. I punched it up to about EUR 600 before my wife punched me back

The hat is probably worth EUR 300 all on its own. Yes, I'm serious. At the same time a mid rank high quality hat went for something like EUR 125, and those aren't as rare.

Steve

Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #49
Gordon Craig

Steve,

Thanks for your comments. Nice to know what my BGS Generals uniforms are worth.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 AM   #50
Collectinsteve

It's always tough to know what this stuff is worth on any given day, but for sure you have yourself some really valuable things in your collection!

The issue with stuff like this is getting two guys who really, really, really want it. I'd rather have two guys like that bidding on my stuff than 100 people bidding who only kinda want it However, if one of the two guys is napping the week you put it up on eBay... ugh. Good for the buyer, not for the seller!

The unusual hats/helmets/berets seem to be relatively consistent in terms of high prices. This is not surprising given the headgear guys tend to buy fewer items and therefore have more to invest into any one thing. As a uniform collector I can't afford to blow EUR 300 on hat very often because I have hundreds of uniforms which need headgear. I'd go bankrupt pretty quickly if I tried to keep up with the headgear guys! And that means when something like a BW Sandfarbe Schirmmütze or a rare Tshako comes up for sale I get my butt handed to me

Steve

Old 12-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #51
Gordon Craig

Steve,

I couldn't agree more. Adding a hat for each of my uniforms would mean I would need another house! Actually, my wife thinks that now.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #52
Collectinsteve

That and the cost of adding a hat to each of your uniforms would likely require selling your house to raise the funds to compete with the headgear collectors. Which, of course, raises a few other practical problems

Steve