wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Barn find NORMANDY CAMO gas mask from a veterinary
Old 05-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
hagen.191
Member
 
hagen.191's Avatar
 
hagen.191 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,483
Default Barn find NORMANDY CAMO gas mask from a veterinary

Straight out of a barn in Helbra/saxony. 100% untouched camo gas mask set in normandy colours. The owner "Unteroffizier Gerding" was a veterinary (vet.) and everybody should know that so he painted it outside on the can beside his personal number 11. Note the cracking of the paint on the can and the masks snout. Definitely a heavy worn can but mask is still mint. Original straps on it too.

I am very proud to have found a southern front camo equipment set in the east of germany. Not common that this happens.

You guys here might have been bored by my latest posts here with "common" army masks so i think it was time to show a Highlight again



Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
whsammler
Member
 
whsammler's Avatar
 
whsammler is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,087
Default

Brother, I’m telling ya I want to take a ride in that Time Machine you have.

Another fantastic find.



Glen
Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 02:08 AM   #3
Fsoq
Member
 
Fsoq is online now
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,702
Default

Obviously, you're the king of the Gaz mask
Just a question: do you let them this way or do you clean them ? If so, how do you make ?
I think the best would be to let it as it was found but the rust will continue to make its job
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 02:17 AM   #4
hagen.191
Member
 
hagen.191's Avatar
 
hagen.191 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsammler View Post
Brother, I’m telling ya I want to take a ride in that Time Machine you have.

Another fantastic find.



Glen
Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.
Not a problem Glen. Just let me know when we can start the journey

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 02:21 AM   #5
hagen.191
Member
 
hagen.191's Avatar
 
hagen.191 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsoq View Post
Obviously, you're the king of the Gaz mask

Just a question: do you let them this way or do you clean them ? If so, how do you make ?

I think the best would be to let it as it was found but the rust will continue to make its job
Thank you

I always leave them the way i found them. I have never cleaned a gas mask canister or a helmet. I even leave the dead spiders inside. I think this example here wont continue in rust development when it will be stored in a dry environment.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #6
Fsoq
Member
 
Fsoq is online now
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen.191 View Post
Thank you

I always leave them the way i found them. I have never cleaned a gas mask canister or a helmet. I even leave the dead spiders inside. I think this example here wont continue in rust development when it will be stored in a dry environment.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
You're probably right. Thanks for the reply
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
hagen.191
Member
 
hagen.191's Avatar
 
hagen.191 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsoq View Post
You're probably right. Thanks for the reply
🖒

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com