wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

Hetzer for Sale
Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
29THPZG

Default Hetzer for Sale

Can anyone shed any light on this Hetzer listed for sale. The ad is very light on details or where the vehicle is located. Thus far seller has not responded to emailed questions. I am out of my depth on armor, but am in the market. Was wondering what something like this would go for, if its legitimate, or what its worth if its a G13 in reality.

http://milweb.net/webvert/a2493

I also see Czech OT810's occasionally for sale, any thoughts on those as well?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
Bern

I can't comment on the authenticity or statistics of this particular vehicle, but a few months ago there was one for sale in the U.S. and if I remember correctly, they were asking $600,000.00 US for it. I think it was listed as being an authentic example with original engine.

Regards
Bern

Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 AM   #3
earlymb

It is listed on the Surviving Panzer Register as being a G-13, lastly reported to be from the Ireneusz Hryniak collection, Kawice (Poland).

See top of p. 32: http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Hetzers_G13.pdf

Last edited by earlymb; 05-19-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 AM   #4
harrison987
Association Member

I certainly would not pay $600K for it!

You can get complete projects for $65K...and there are approx. 20 or so that are available (17 are G13; the rest are actual wartime Hetzers). However...though the most RECENT sale of a G13 was $65K (Michael Gibb)...all the current owners seem to have grouped together and are all asking the same price across the board of $130K.

With 20 available...all needing homes...and no one wanting to pay $130K...I suspect the prices will plummet due to supply vs. demand.

You can get OT810's out of CZ...I think they range $50K (?)

Mike

Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #5
Asbjoern

Most interesting on the G-13 sold and restored during the last years is that the owners everytime are very sure that the hull number (etc) leads to a building date before May `45 ... other than most writtene source on the G-13 history which states that only a very limited number of vehicles of the first lot were build on base of hulls left over from the war, completet with a high amount of wartime components while most of the series was completly build out of post May stuff...

Jens