wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Deutsche Demokratische Republik

Deutsche Demokratische Republik All things related to the German Democratic Republic 1949-1989

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #166
gigoo
Association Member
 
gigoo's Avatar
 
gigoo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 391
Default

Mine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36496037_10211549542196542_7027890793587146752_n.jpg (10.8 KB, 121 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #167
Reibert-Austria
Member
 
Reibert-Austria's Avatar
 
Reibert-Austria is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Salzburg (Austria)
Posts: 1,958
Default

@ Strugu and gigoo

Please, wolud you show the opposite side of the knife, (handle).

Thzx. in advance,
R.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #168
Strugu
Member
 
Strugu's Avatar
 
Strugu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Generalgouvernement
Posts: 449
Default

@Reibert, please contact me via PM, ill send you the photos via e mail. I can't post photos via WAF hosting cuz im not association member.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #169
gigoo
Association Member
 
gigoo's Avatar
 
gigoo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 391
Default

Sorry for the delay...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_1682.JPG (75.1 KB, 97 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #170
vacollector
Member
 
vacollector's Avatar
 
vacollector is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Demokratische Sozialistische Nord Amerika
Posts: 1,052
Default

Looks like the famous first series safety loop was broken off. Still an extremely desirable piece. I definitely a plus for getting the factory box.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #171
ehrentitle
Member
 
ehrentitle's Avatar
 
ehrentitle is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacollector View Post
Looks like the famous first series safety loop was broken off. Still an extremely desirable piece. I definitely a plus for getting the factory box.
When the metal loop is ground off, like the one shown above, it's consider a 2nd Series or Type 2 KM 66.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #172
Reibert-Austria
Member
 
Reibert-Austria's Avatar
 
Reibert-Austria is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Salzburg (Austria)
Posts: 1,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrentitle View Post
When the metal loop is ground off, like the one shown above, it's consider a 2nd Series or Type 2 KM 66.
Please, note the, (very "low"), serial number !

IMO it´s pretty possible, the knive´s an "first pattern KM66" indeed, regardless, the loop is ground off.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #173
vacollector
Member
 
vacollector's Avatar
 
vacollector is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Demokratische Sozialistische Nord Amerika
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrentitle View Post
When the metal loop is ground off, like the one shown above, it's consider a 2nd Series or Type 2 KM 66.
The problem I have with the labeling of this knife as the second series is it creates a conflict. In this case 667 has had the metal loop removed and is considered second series. But if the following knife numbered 668 still retained its' loop it would be considered first series. If the idea of just having the loop is the main factor in distinguishing the two series with no changes to the actually composition of the knife. Shouldn't this be considered a first series because of the early production and that had the loop originally.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #174
ehrentitle
Member
 
ehrentitle's Avatar
 
ehrentitle is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacollector View Post
The problem I have with the labeling of this knife as the second series is it creates a conflict. In this case 667 has had the metal loop removed and is considered second series. But if the following knife numbered 668 still retained its' loop it would be considered first series. If the idea of just having the loop is the main factor in distinguishing the two series with no changes to the actually composition of the knife. Shouldn't this be considered a first series because of the early production and that had the loop originally.
It's a matter of opinion. I have a Serial # 3085 KM 66, with an identical modification, the loop has been ground off. Should we also consider this a 1st Series knife too? I know the knife in question here has a low number, but unless the scabbard or the knife itself have differences from 2nd Series knifes, other than the removal of the loop, how can this knife be considered 1st Series?
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 11:02 AM   #175
Reibert-Austria
Member
 
Reibert-Austria's Avatar
 
Reibert-Austria is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Salzburg (Austria)
Posts: 1,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrentitle View Post
It's a matter of opinion. I have a Serial # 3085 KM 66, with an identical modification, the loop has been ground off. Should we also consider this a 1st Series knife too? I know the knife in question here has a low number, but unless the scabbard or the knife itself have differences from 2nd Series knifes, other than the removal of the loop, how can this knife be considered 1st Series?
3085 is an 2nd pattern KM66 !

IMHO less than 800 knive´s were produced with the metal loop as "1st pattern KM66".
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #176
ehrentitle
Member
 
ehrentitle's Avatar
 
ehrentitle is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
3085 is an 2nd pattern KM66 !

IMHO less than 800 knive´s were produced with the metal loop as "1st pattern KM66".
I making a point, up to now all KM 66s with the metal loop ground are considered 2nd Pattern.

The highest number KM 66 knife so far observed with the metal loop is #641. Regardless of the number, 2nd Pattern knives have been those with the metal loop ground off. To my knowledge this was done systematically to all knives with numbers after the mid-600 range. And 3rd Pattern have had a solid handle.

Last edited by ehrentitle; 08-06-2018 at 06:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #177
jack1
Member
 
jack1's Avatar
 
jack1 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GB
Posts: 667
Default

Please guys can some one tell me the value of one of these in its box.
2018 value.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #178
ehrentitle
Member
 
ehrentitle's Avatar
 
ehrentitle is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Please guys can some one tell me the value of one of these in its box.
2018 value.
Here in the US the price range is $300 to $600, if you can find them. I expect prices might be a bit lower in Europe.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #179
jack1
Member
 
jack1's Avatar
 
jack1 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GB
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrentitle View Post
Here in the US the price range is $300 to $600, if you can find them. I expect prices might be a bit lower in Europe.

Thank you,im thinking of selling my one in its box.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com