wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Communications Equipment

Communications Equipment Radio, telephony and radar equipment

Old 10-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #76
feind-hort-mit

I'm not an aggressive person, I will vehemently defend my beliefs.
The phone that you have is not a D..of the type that I mentioned..look at the first page of this thread, the D's do not have a handset..they never had one..how could they be held on the phone..it does not have a handset lever on the left side !.
As you can see from my picture of the early collection, I had four ex-Norwegian reworked "marine" phones, these phones exhibited similar connections / plugs at the base, but they had newer wiring to newer version plugs, they were.
I have no intention of publishing photos of my Marine example..it would give details to the fakers.
Because the market for these phones has increased, the prices have soared for original non mucked about with examples.
This has unfortunately made a market for the fakers, they cause problems to those who buy them as the buyers will tell you they are right and correct.
Off to bed, goodnight.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:28 AM   #77
Festrako

Hello Ian,
Ok, might be a missunderstanding from my part.
You're right, it's not a "D" but you also see the black bell support without any drill for the manufacturer's plate.
I agree the Festungsfernprecher D has no handset and was mainly used in cupolas or plooting rooms, where users had to have hands free.

There are two kind of german outsocket for KM Sprechgernitur, one out of aluminium as visible on my picure, and a second one with bakelit plug.

"Because the market for these phones has increased, the prices have soared for original non mucked about with examples.
This has unfortunately made a market for the fakers, they cause problems to those who buy them as the buyers will tell you they are right and correct."
I think you are anwsering your question when you ask "why would they do". Unhonnest seller or collector would just hide the screw holes that are evidences that the phone is not complete and would make earn them less money.

Best regards