wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Militaria Forum

Imperial Militaria Forum The discussion and study of Imperial German awards and of their Central Powers Allies from the First World War

Are These 1914 EKIIs Real?
Old 02-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
ivanfyodorovich

Default Are These 1914 EKIIs Real?

Having spent a few hours on this forum I'm now convinced everything I've ever bought and seen is fake

Here are three 1914s that I own: can someone who can, unlike me, discern fantasy from reality give me opinions on these?

Sorry about the obnoxious watermarks, if someone has an alternative to photobucket please let me know. All three are three piece with magnetic cores

This one has a difficult to photograph "925" stamp

This one has a "CD800" stamp

This one has an "S" stamp

I bought a couple more on eBay that haven't arrived yet that I anticipate will prove to be fake as well

Hello
Old 02-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
collector rich
Association Member

Default Hello

I have been collecting since the mid 1980’s. It is a shame that we have to sort through this sordid realm of,is it fake or not. That is precisely why I ceased buying, especially from Ebay. I would not buy except for a few on this site, or get the piece authenticated with a return policy. Unfortunately the iron cross was duplicated as soon as the War ended, especially the 1st Class. I only bought from a few individuals I could trust. Even then there are difficulties. I purchased a Luftwaffe Sword from Johnson bak about 1986....Found out when I sold it the scabbard didn’t not match the sword.. This was not as bad as it being a fake, but you never really know unless you get it directly from the vet or owners family. In my opinion.
Regards,
Rich

Last edited by collector rich; 02-19-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Don D.

Ivan, please upload your pics directly to the forum.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
Gew44
Association Member

Don't worry, be happy.

All the crosses are good :
- 1st unmarked but punched "925" on ring , very hight grade of Silver, maybe a private purchasing
- 2nd marked "CD 800" = Carl Dillenius Silver 800
- 3rd marked "S" = I don't remember if Sedlatzek or Scheneider.

That's my humble opinion

Gew44/Max

We lacked luck ... not courage

Hello
Old 02-19-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
collector rich
Association Member

Default Hello

Looks like they are Ok.. Good for you, but do be careful
Rich

Old 02-19-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
Gew44
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collector rich View Post
I have been collecting since the mid 1980’s. It is a shame that we have to sort through this sordid realm of,is it fake or not. That is precisely why I ceased buying, especially from Ebay. I would not buy except for a few on this site, or get the piece authenticated with a return policy. Unfortunately the iron cross was duplicated as soon as the War ended, especially the 1st Class. I only bought from a few individuals I could trust. Even then there are difficulties. I purchased a Luftwaffe Sword from Johnson bak about 1986....Found out when I sold it the scabbard didn’t not match the sword.. This was not as bad as it being a fake, but you never really know unless you get it directly from the vet or owners family. In my opinion.
Regards,
Rich
I learned myself only study from books, Data base pictures, forums help me in this hobby.
I can't know all the items and for this reason I choised one or two "focus collection".
The knowledge allows you to choise the items, not the story and also the sellers that you could trust could them wrong in good faith.
I allow myself to tell you this as a collector, I have also been collecting for many years and you don't know how many cheats I took at the beginning because I trusted the sellers.
Not everyone is ready to rip you off but you can't know everything about everything, at least I think of it this way
I decided to focus on a few things to avoid "getting lost".
To defend myself I must study the fakes especially.

With friendless

Gew44/Max

We lacked luck ... not courage