wehrmacht awards

Old 08-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #16
John4022

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
i own a Film 16mm Role from a Training Movie filmed at Döberitz in September 1944 where you can clearly see a Group of 4 wearing the Badge.
I found it, a still image from Döberitz! Thank you Antique for encouraging us to do "good" research even though collectors for decades have been researching this patches existences. Ladies and gentleman, I present you the group of 4 from the "training movie".

Old 08-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #17
Mike Davis
Moderator and Forum Sponsor

There is at least one other thread on this topic but I can't find it. Attached is a poor photo of an example that went through my hands many years ago, and I certainly thought it original. The other photo I saved from the forum. Of course it is a controversial topic but I see no reason to disagree unamicably.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scharfschuetzen silver.jpg (96.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg SNIPER BADGE IN WEAR.jpg (117.5 KB, 199 views)

Old 08-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
John4022

Here you go Mike, page 4 has the image you shared:
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...atch+photoshop

Old 08-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #19
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

Good one! One day you will hit the Nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4022 View Post
I found it, a still image from Döberitz! Thank you Antique for encouraging us to do "good" research even though collectors for decades have been researching this patches existences. Ladies and gentleman, I present you the group of 4 from the "training movie".

Old 08-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #20
John4022

Quote:
Good one! One day you will hit the Nail
Thanks! In fact today was the day I hit the nail, "good" research does payoff!

Old 08-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #21
Mike Davis
Moderator and Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4022 View Post
Here you go Mike, page 4 has the image you shared:
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...atch+photoshop
Thanks, but that is actually not the thread I was thinking of. There is another thread that shows what may be original examples. I will look again when I have time.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #22
Norm F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
Thanks, but that is actually not the thread I was thinking of. There is another thread that shows what may be original examples. I will look again when I have time.
I think perhaps you mean the thread linked by Andy back at the first reply? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Hi Giel

Take a look on this thread: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=sniper+patch

Andy
Best regards,
---Norm

Old 08-14-2019, 12:34 AM   #23
Gary Symonds
Association Member

What surprises me is the size of the Sniper Badges in the picture. They appear huge, much larger than the examples in all of the threads in the WAF data base.

Also each guy has sewn it on his uniform in a different place. Nothing "uniform" about it.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:19 AM   #24
Gustav 43
Association Member

Here a postwar issued document to a former SS paratrooper, confirming his war period awards,the sniper badge in bronze entry is the last,April 1945.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190813_102127-1024x768.jpg (177.6 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg 20190813_102132-1024x768.jpg (181.1 KB, 166 views)

Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #25
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Thanks Gustav!

I, as I have stated in the past, certainly believe they had them, and issued them. However, most encountered on the market are indeed fake. Including the one which initiated this thread

My opinion regarding these was recently strengthened back in March when a gentleman came up to me at an antique arms show near Baltimore wanting to show me a veteran lot. The family wanted to sell the lot, and the gentleman wanted to know the authenticity and value, in order to make a fair offer to the family. The veteran must have gone into a factory at the end of the war. In that lot were only mint extremely late awards and badges. Gold and silver tank destruction strips, late Luft flight badges, FJ badges, very late FJ smock eagle, aircraft destruction strip, 2 sniper patches, etc. All extremely late manufacture.

Edit: I just found the photos of the lot and there were 2 gold sniper badges (60 kills).

I recall some of the tumultuous discussions in the past, and I still have the same references in English and German. For the last 29 years my focus has almost entirely been on FJ items, but for the 15+ years before then it was German sniper items, and I still have part of that collection. But, that ends my participation in this topic, as it is just so f'ing tiresome.....

Let's also include this 24-page discussion;

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=719276

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." - Alexander Hamilton

Old 08-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #26
jacquesf
Association Member

It is an established fact that the badge was officilally proclaimed and formally issued and recorded in Soldbuch. Thedebate is on wether the actual badge was awarded and worn. Vast majority is fakes, but I have handled some that I personally belief in 100%.

It makes no sense to award a badge and officially record it, but don't have a "actual badge" to award to the recipient? Btw not a fan of the badge that started the thread.J

Old 08-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #27
Dennis J
Association Member

Quote:
Not really my Problem, i have my Reason and thats it. Everyone can do his own research including you...when you do it good, then you will sure find out if they are real or not. I had to do it toom for many many years long befor that Forum existed. I help everyone always when i can, but i just learned with some other Member here it is sometimes better not to help. Badge is real was awarded, and when some Think is usefull to say something else, let them do so.
This sounds like BS jmo.If I had 100% proof as you say you do I would want to share it and be known as the collector who cleared up this so called mystery that has been around since the end of WW2.The collector who showed us the real deal being worn,we would be forever in your debt and your name would be way up there with the best no one could steal that from you.

Dennis J

Old 08-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #28
AndyC
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis J View Post
This sounds like BS jmo.If I had 100% proof as you say you do I would want to share it and be known as the collector who cleared up this so called mystery that has been around since the end of WW2.The collector who showed us the real deal being worn,we would be forever in your debt and your name would be way up there with the best no one could steal that from you.

Dennis J

I´ll agree with Dennis
Show us what you have, that´s the whole idea about WAF forum, share

Andy

Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #29
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

Oh yeah, then i be the King of Kings. No thanks, no need for that. But someone who already posted here will have very soon the absolut same Documents and a Copy of the Film Role. He sure will then Confirm what i wrote, but there will be no Pictures this time here. Go and say thank to others who promise when you send them some Pictures to look at and not to post it anywhere, and then give a Crap and post it anyway because there Ego need to shine. And as answer you get, oh sorry, but i didnt say i will not post it.....And so i will very carefully choose in the Future what i share and what i don't, that is still my Choice.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #30
rbminis
Association Member

Quote:
And so i will very carefully choose in the Future what i share and what i don't, that is still my Choice.
Do not be surprised if others have the same attitude the next time you are in need of information.
Ralph.