wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #16
germanmedals
Association Member

Old 10-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #17
germanmedals
Association Member

Old 10-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #18
germanmedals
Association Member

Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #19
Collectinsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanmedals View Post
Only place that i have seen BW stuff for sale is Ebay. There jacketscgo for like you said...even maybe un rage 300-400. But here the main factor is the proveniance and all the orher documents, pictures.... i will do som more research and then place it for sale. Would 2000 eur ba a fair price for such lot?
There's a problem with valuing a collection of items. Individual prices are usually higher when items are sold separately vs. as a group. Part of it is "group discount" mentality, part of it is people tend to not have that sort of money available BUT do have 200-300 EUR to spend. The fact that this is all from one officer, and the uniforms are largely intact, increases the value of it as a group (IMHO).

If these items sold separately I think each of the service jackets would go for around EUR 300-400, smoking jacket maybe EUR 150, the overcoat is not that desirable so perhaps EUR 80, the hat in the EUR 80-100 range. Which means the uniform components of this collection are worth maybe around EUR 1200 if sold separately.

It is unclear if trousers, shirts, ties, shoes, or other things are included. The value of each is fairly low, but they would add more value to the collection.

The supporting pictures and what not... oh, I dunno. Maybe another EUR 50 or so on top. Any shipping costs should be calculated based on actual value.

Depending on how many extras come with this, and how much the buyer values having all of the items, I'm thinking somewhere in the EUR 1300-1500 range tops. EUR 2000 is too much.

Steve

Old 10-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #20
Nachrichten

"smoking jacket maybe EUR 150"

You mean mess jacket, of course.

Nice (and interesting) group. Hope it all stays together.

N

Old 10-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #21
germanmedals
Association Member

Thanks for your contribution. More info brings me closer to its evaluation. There are a bunch of documents also in the lot (diplomas from sport events, even in Olympics games in 1984 and also documents of promotion to all his post war ranks up to general).
I will try to find a suitable buyer for all together and try to price it accordingly to your comments

Old 10-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #22
Collectinsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachrichten View Post
You mean mess jacket, of course.
Yup, and I also meant "Smoking jacket" That is the German nickname for the Gesellschaftsuniform, what is commonly referred to as a "mess jacket", "formal jacket", "gala jacket" etc. in English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanmedals View Post
Thanks for your contribution. More info brings me closer to its evaluation. There are a bunch of documents also in the lot (diplomas from sport events, even in Olympics games in 1984 and also documents of promotion to all his post war ranks up to general).
I will try to find a suitable buyer for all together and try to price it accordingly to your comments
I don't know how to value documents other than it helping with the value of the uniforms. On eBay right now are several general's jackets for EUR 300 and higher. I do not believe any of them are authentic, so I wouldn't buy any of them for 1/3 what they are asking. The ones you have, on the other hand, are worth that price range because of the documentation. What the documentation itself is worth, I don't have the vaguest idea

Steve

Old 11-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #23
germanmedals
Association Member

If somebody knows a good place where i could sell this set, any help would be appreciated. Should i try ebay or is there a certain forum where i could find collectors for this? thanks

Old 11-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #24
Gordon Craig

germanmedals,

This would probably be the best place to start to sell this uniform. The only other thing I could suggest would be to list it with a dealer which is what I have had to do with some of my uniforms. The cost of buying this ensemble would be prohibitive for most BW collectors. Good luck in selling it.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 11-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
Immelmann
Expelled

putting it on a mannaquin would be a good start.....

Old 11-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #26
Immelmann
Expelled

Canali dont sell their suits by leaving them on the floor.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #27
Gordon Craig

Gentlemen,

This is a civil forum. If you have something useful to add to the discussion please do it properly.

Regards,

Gordon Craig
Forum Moderator

Old 11-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #28
Collectinsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Craig View Post
germanmedals,
The cost of buying this ensemble would be prohibitive for most BW collectors. Good luck in selling it.
That is the big problem with something like this. Sold together makes sense, but it's hard to find someone with that amount of cash ready to go. Which puts theoretical value on a collision course with market realities.

Sadly, the best way to get maximum value from the items is to break them up and sell them separately on eBay. The downside for the seller is it takes more time and effort to do that, not to mention the ~12% which goes to eBay and the items which wind up not having a lot of value.

The ease of selling everything at once in a private sale is definitely worth 20-30%.

Steve

Old 04-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #29
germanmedals
Association Member

This amazing set is now for sale on estand

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...31#post8438731