wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Political Organizations

Political Organizations All aspects of Third Reich Political Organizations, including the SA, NSDAP, NSKK, NSFK, DAF, NSKOV, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Hungarian Nazi party
Old 02-18-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
Ostmaerker
Association Member
 
Ostmaerker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,161
Default Hungarian Nazi party

I got this party badge, which says: National Bund of germans livin in Hungary.
Is bigger than a normal NSDAP badge.

What do you say? Good?

Thank you very much for your help

Ostmaerker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8156.jpg (150.1 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8157.jpg (247.7 KB, 255 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
Zirnhelt
Member
 
Zirnhelt is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 410
Default

This is not original. Vince
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 12:49 PM   #3
Gary Symonds
Association Member
 
Gary Symonds is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirnhelt View Post
This is not original. Vince
Why, because Jo Rivett says so?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Zirnhelt
Member
 
Zirnhelt is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Symonds View Post
Why, because Jo Rivett says so?
No, because this is what an original looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image03117.jpg (34.7 KB, 238 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #5
Reinhard2
Member
 
Reinhard2 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 269
Default

It seems that there are really 3 types of this badge, also the shown at the bottom, because I got some month ago a postcard sized picture of a man who wears one with a very dark red outer enamel ring.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #6
bmsmear
Association Member
 
bmsmear's Avatar
 
bmsmear is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Symonds View Post
Why, because Jo Rivett says so?
Wow - let it go, brother.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
Ostmaerker
Association Member
 
Ostmaerker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard2 View Post
It seems that there are really 3 types of this badge, also the shown at the bottom, because I got some month ago a postcard sized picture of a man who wears one with a very dark red outer enamel ring.
Is there a possibility to show this picture?

Ostmaerker
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #8
Zirnhelt
Member
 
Zirnhelt is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostmaerker View Post
Is there a possibility to show this picture?

Ostmaerker
I would also like to see the picture of the badge in wear. Vince
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #9
yesthatsme
Association Member
 
yesthatsme's Avatar
 
yesthatsme is online now
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 592
Default

Threads like this is the reason I donít shown my collection!
__________________
Life is like a dream once you know it it's gone !!!!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #10
Gary Symonds
Association Member
 
Gary Symonds is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirnhelt View Post
No, because this is what an original looks like.
Zirnhelt, please review Husken's Katalog at page 423, #G8 05.

The example you posted is merely one of five examples of the Hungarian membership badge that was issued.

The example you said was a reproduction in post #1, is listed as one of these membership badges.

Your opinion?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 02:03 PM   #11
Zirnhelt
Member
 
Zirnhelt is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 410
Default

I dont own this catalogue but have no doubt these badges are in and were around when this was published. However I do doubt the red,green and black Hungarn badges other than the one I posted are third reich period. You can judge for yourself and believe what you want. Vince
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #12
Gary Symonds
Association Member
 
Gary Symonds is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirnhelt View Post
I dont own this catalogue but have no doubt these badges are in and were around when this was published. However I do doubt the red,green and black Hungarn badges other than the one I posted are third reich period. You can judge for yourself and believe what you want. Vince
Well Vince, serious enamel badge collectors usually have a good reference library, that includes Huskenís Katalog of German Organizations, 1871-1945.

I suggest you purchase this, instead of relying on Jo Rivett for your opinion.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 02:30 PM   #13
Zirnhelt
Member
 
Zirnhelt is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Symonds View Post
Well Vince, serious enamel badge collectors usually have a good reference library, that includes Huskenís Katalog of German Organizations, 1871-1945.

I suggest you purchase this, instead of relying on Jo Rivett for your opinion.
Well maybe if i get this catalogue it will convince me that i should buy all the Hungarian badges in the book, but i doubt it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #14
Reinhard2
Member
 
Reinhard2 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirnhelt View Post
I dont own this catalogue but have no doubt these badges are in and were around when this was published. However I do doubt the red,green and black Hungarn badges other than the one I posted are third reich period. You can judge for yourself and believe what you want. Vince
Those with black or green enamel are like most with makers mark fakes.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #15
Gary Symonds
Association Member
 
Gary Symonds is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirnhelt View Post
Well maybe if i get this catalogue it will convince me that i should buy all the Hungarian badges in the book, but i doubt it.
I doubt if you could buy all five, since these almost never appear on the market for sale. A good indication that these may be original, since the fakers are going to make as many as possible, to get their money back.

The example in post #1, touted as a reproduction is a good example. We should be tripping over them at collector shows, yet these are few and far between. Where are the others?

Its interesting that per Jo Rivett, virtually all enamel membership badges are fake. Something that major dealers such as Weitze ignore, since these "fake" enamel badges are offered for sale, notwithstanding Rivett's nonsense conclusions of fact.

Vince, buy the book. You need it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com