wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #16
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Very nice “signed” Flobert.....

of the 9 mm the Fiocchi also had in the catalog a shotgun version with small hunting .... I have a similar French Flobert....

it is my father's gift for my first birthday (my grandfather and my father were great hunters ... hares with hounds) ..... bought by a French friend of his already second-hand then more than 50 years ago, I therefore imagine a French recreational indoor target shooting of early 1900 ... 6 mm flobert rifled (I shooting with its thousand of 22 short rifle) ... its dimensions compared to a real carbine
Very nice examples! My Father used rifles like these on his farm in Pommern during the 1930s. Growing up he and I used to shoot all types of these rifles and pistols...

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 06-27-2019, 11:05 PM   #17
Bob Hritz
Lifetime Member

Hello Willi,

Here jn Arizona, I attend dozens of gun shows a year. I set up in Tulsa and do at least one National Gun Day show in Louisville. I have yet to see any for sale under $60.00/100. If you ever have too many tins, bring them to the MAX and I will buy them.

I enjoy indoor shooting my parlor pistols and many antiques that were designed fo black powder. They are safe with Flobert rounds.

Bob Hritz

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #18
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Just when I thought I had seen the "cheapest" German rifles, this one turned up locally from a vet's estate. I haven't taken it apart yet to see if I can determine when it was made. A .22 "Volksgewehr".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190806_143417366.jpg (102.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190806_143433250.jpg (70.7 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190806_143535052.jpg (93.1 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190806_143822779.jpg (26.7 KB, 148 views)

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 08-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #19
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

A comparison with the 9mm shotshell rifle's stock. No buttplate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190806_143949625.jpg (86.7 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190812_092745161.jpg (87.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190812_092930314.jpg (110.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190812_093429271.jpg (82.1 KB, 151 views)

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 08-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #20
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Very nice “signed” Flobert.....

of the 9 mm the Fiocchi also had in the catalog a shotgun version with small hunting .... I have a similar French Flobert....

it is my father's gift for my first birthday (my grandfather and my father were great hunters ... hares with hounds) ..... bought by a French friend of his already second-hand then more than 50 years ago, I therefore imagine a French recreational indoor target shooting of early 1900 ... 6 mm flobert rifled (I shooting with its thousand of 22 short rifle) ... its dimensions compared to a real carbine
Have you ever had any problems firing the .22 Short cartridge in it? I guess as a bolt action, it is strong enough to handle that cartridge. Like my Geco. I also have a Belgian style 6mm Flobert which can not safely fire even a .22 Short CB cartridge.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #21
mufasa
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Z. View Post
Have you ever had any problems firing the .22 Short cartridge in it? I guess as a bolt action, it is strong enough to handle that cartridge. Like my Geco. I also have a Belgian style 6mm Flobert which can not safely fire even a .22 Short CB cartridge.
no Willi, no problem, and when I was a boy there were days that I was shooting 2/3 boxes (50 shots) of Fiocchi 22 short .. it's a rifle with no brand or bank probably made by a small French gunsmith in the early years 20 of the last century, he didn't even have the serial number that I had him put to the National Proof House in Gardone Val Trompia in 1977 when in Italy it has become mandatory to have the serial number on these Flobert, that before this date they were not to be registered
ciao Oriano

Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #22
Alan Smith
Association Member

These rifles are very interesting; thanks for posting them as well as the information about your father's use of such items pre-WWII.

Have you ever gone back to East Prussia to visit your family's old farm? One of my colleagues at work is the son of a German refugee who fled East Prussia as a young teenager. Several years back my work colleague and family went back and were able to see the old family farm, house, buildings etc. (all of which are located within the current boundaries of Poland).

Any photos you have of your dad's old East Prussia stomping grounds (where he used such rifles) would be a nice addition to this thread!

Old 03-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #23
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Alan, I have been back there twice. To locate the family cemetery, etc. It is still in a wooded area in terrible condition. Vandals have done a lot of damage to it. The home and property were sort of a mini "Junker" estate, so the home was flattened by the Communist Polish government. Part of the "collectivisation" undertaken decades ago. On my last journey I was able to locate a Polish lady who lived in the home after the war and was able to copy her photos. It closed that chapter.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 03-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #24
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hritz View Post
I sure wish I could find a good supply of 6mm Flobert. I collect 19th century single shot derringers and parlor pistols, of which many are in 6mm Flobert.

Bob Hritz
Bob, "Sellier & Bellot" in the Czech Republic now manufacturers 4mm, 5.6mm, and 6mm rounds. A bunch were imported and I bought a supply. Word got out and the importer was cleaned out. They are now shutdown for the virus. I will keep you posted, if you would like.

I tried them all out the other day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200321_124322487~2.jpg (164.5 KB, 76 views)

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude