wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Fallschirmjäger Forum

Fallschirmjäger Forum Paratrooper Badges, documents, photographs, headgear, uniforms, history, research, insignia and field gear.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #16
Jeff V

Hang in there friends!

Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #17
eubank

I was wondering about this too, stay safe guys!
They say we in the UK are two weeks behind Italy , so at last some stringent measures are in place , to stop people going to the pub and generally taking the mickey ( whilst doctors and nurses tear their hair out!).
I hear half the serious cases in Italy are in the under 65's too, and Italy has more ICU beds than our depleted NHS . Concerning times.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:13 AM   #18
Marco

Thanks for your very kind thought. Here it is hard, but we resist. The situation is really hard in the north of the country, here in the center it is a little better, but the infected are increasing day by day. I have been at home for more than 15 days, my company, Fiat Chrysler, has closed all its plants in Italy.
We are receiving help from Russians, Chinese, Cubans, Americans and Germans.
I hope all is well for you all. A hug to everyone and thanks again for the thoughts towards us Italians and me in particular.
Marco.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:14 AM   #19
mufasa
Association Member

There is in the Rimini area also another little-known dramatic count .... the province of Rimini, today, when the curve seems to be stabilizing, has 52 deaths out of just over 330,000 inhabitants ... the small Republic of San Marino with a tenth of the inhabitants (33,400) is already 21 victims..... we really hope it is the peak and the curve that goes down

Old 03-26-2020, 04:16 AM   #20
o.r.k.

Posting from Germany my thoughts are with all fellow collector, as it doesn´t matter where you are, now with also the US hit very hard, too, as the news say. Stay healthy, do some home workout to keep fit plus distance and washing hands and I hope those, as me, in a shut down keep their good mood and health. At least there is much time to admire what has been collected so far and the de-acceleration of life opens the mind to relaxed and more profound thoughts. Having time for the close loved ones and a little home office from time to time is relaxing. Stay healthy

Old 03-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #21
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Yes, a very tough time for the entire world. Please stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Enjoy our hobby while staying home!

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 03-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #22
vacollector

It is very bad here in the US. Places like California, New York even the Washington D.C. areas are hit hard. Everyone is watching what is happening in Italy and other European nations because they are only models that we trust right now. No one believes China or their numbers. States and cities are closing down much like in Italy and that has sort of started to create shortages of certain items. Hopefully Europe starts seeing the light at the end of this because we would not be far off. Everyone stay safe, because after the virus, we will need to try to repair our economy.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:11 AM   #23
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...thful-patients

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 03-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #24
Ironcrown
Association Member

I know about USA, unfortnately. I have a cousin in Pennsylvania that is sick, togheter to her wife. It's like a brother for me, although we live so far. Her grandma was a sister of my grandpa and married a GI soon after WW2 (a so-called vet-bring-back) but we are still in touch.

However, thanks godness Internet is still working...
Think about staying the entire day at home alone with nothing to do!

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=911775

http://www.napv.it/missione-kirov/

Old 03-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #25
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Pennsylvania has very low numbers, as of now. Our county of more than 250,000 residents has 13 cases, and only grew by 2 in the last week. People are doing what they are told to do. NYC alone, where the cases have grown exponentially and will continue to do so, now has as many cases as Germany does, with more than twice the deaths, sadly. When I talk to folks in the NYC metro area (which we "fled" after retirement) they are bored and visiting others. It only takes a small % of the population to make a tremendous mess. Folks from NYC are heading down to the Jersey Shore, North Carolina, Florida, etc, to escape even though they have been told to self-quarantine.

Culture has a tremendous impact on how this will play out.

Hunker down folks! Even though I always have tons to do around the property and house, I am finally building my Kreta FJ mannequin!

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 AM   #26
Ironcrown
Association Member

He lives in West Chester, but got ill since he went to NY to see a concert. And then her wife got ill too
However they are young and healthy, they have no breathing problems and the wife is a specialized nurse, so I am not very worried for their survival.
In any case I feel much worried for my friends for who live outside of my country. Of course now we have a lot of sicks and deads here in Italy, but the numbers have begun to decrease, although very slowly. In other places like USA, UK, and even in Russia the pandemic has just started to make casualties...

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=911775

http://www.napv.it/missione-kirov/

Last edited by Ironcrown; 03-26-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #27
Willi Z.
Forums Moderator

Sorry for your relatives, but you just clearly laid out the cause of the growth and the tremendous risk to the older population.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude

Old 03-26-2020, 08:33 AM   #28
Alessandro_J

Hi, here in Northeastern Italy, near the slovenian border the situation is not so hard at the moment, in the meantime I spend my time modelling some 1/48 scale flying things for me and my 5 years old son....

Stay home, stay safe!

https://photos.google.com/search/_m8...4XTSDKjhNeBP-R

Old 03-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #29
peterm
Association Member

After SARS and MERS this time it's REALLY a very, very serious situation. Since 12 days I'm the only one still working in the office, all the others have to stay at home for an unknown period. Not much hope for a quick solution...
My best wishes to everyone of You and also to Your families and friends.

Peter

Old 03-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #30
kronn

Hope friends from Italy are good......our situation it's not better.....
Regards from Spain

Alejandro