wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:18 AM   #16
Edelweisse
Association Member

Good catch on the pips on the shoulder boards...pretty obvious...but sometimes you don’t see things that are right there in front of you. Again good catch

Old 03-15-2020, 03:38 AM   #17
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweisse View Post
Good catch on the pips on the shoulder boards...pretty obvious...but sometimes you don’t see things that are right there in front of you. Again good catch
Agreed,except i missed about half a dozen other things with this one

Fortunately i did not buy it and thought to bring it here 1st for discussion,you Guys saved me some money and i thank you for it

Have a great day

Bob

Old 03-15-2020, 03:43 AM   #18
ENGLISH BOB
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWS View Post
Hi Bob,
Lots of squirrely things with this one, unfortunately.

1. The shoulder straps should not have a pip on them since the Tresse is open at the end.
2. The aforementioned lack of Tresse on the cuffs and collar - which makes the tunic not match the straps.
3. The front and shoulder strap buttons appear wrong. They should be bright buttons on a Waffenrock, not subdued. Could look different in hand, but they appear to be subdued buttons for a field tunic. Possibly formerly bright buttons that have oxidized, but I doubt it. I have a couple dozen Waffenrocks I've collected over many years and none of them display buttons that have lost their bright finish.
4. I think it was mentioned already but the rear scallops appear to be made of gaberdine, and don't match the rest of the tunic's cloth. Never seen that before.

Just shooting in the dark, but perhaps it was a Waffenrock stripped/converted and issued to Volkstrum at the end and then post-war someone tried to turn it back into a Waffenrock? It's strange and I'm just trying to figure out why it is like it is.
Hi Todd,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write all this down,much appreciated
Its sad that someone ruined a beautiful set of Uffz. shoulderboards by adding those pips.....
Best Regards
Bob

Old 03-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #19
TWS
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
Hi Todd,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write all this down,much appreciated
Its sad that someone ruined a beautiful set of Uffz. shoulderboards by adding those pips.....
Best Regards
Bob
Hi Bob,
You are very welcome.

Yeah, shame about the shoulder straps.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:49 AM   #20
Nightwish

Interesting thread on this Waffenrock.

I had had a Waffenrock, picked up from the former owners Family.

It shows an interesting history:

It was the private purchased piece of an enlisted man, brougth to the tailor, to upgrade it to an NCO, because the owner was promoted. But than he was killed in action.

So the Waffenrock came back to the family with NCO-Straps on it, but without the Tresse on the cuffs and the collar. The former EM-Straps (with Uffz-Anwärter-Tresse) came with it, so it seems the tailor changed them completely.

On first view an unpossibility, but with that familystory to know, an intersting piece of history.

But that will not explain all that Question on the Waffenrock shown here.

Best regards

Nightwish

EDIT: I think, my Waffenrock was wearing an handstitched eagle… Have to look on the pictures...