wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

1957 Cross in Gold. Real or fake?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Tenente

Default 1957 Cross in Gold. Real or fake?

Ok. Let me try this again. I made a post about this and made a hash of it. So, I'll try a re-post, since I don't know how to delete my Previous one. Now, I recently Picked up a DKG on Ebay. When I got it I saw it had Diamonds " Quarts stones" in the Wreath. I took it to a Jeweler and Found it was made of actual Silver, The main body and the center piece with the EK. Of course the Diamonds in the wreath are bogus.
Now I was told that there was never a piece like this made. However I read that there were a few Wartime examples made, but only one issued. That being said, i'm wondering why this was made with such expensive material, only to flub it with the fake diamonds?
Here are the pics. The test, as I said, came back positive for silver, with the acid turning the residue blue. So, I'm looking for all your thoughts on this.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
Proud Kraut

Referring to the German Deutsches Kreuz Wikipedia article 20 samples of DKG with diamonds were made by the Munich company P. Rath in 1942. But the DKG with diamonds were never donated/awarded.
The orders law from 1957 enabled veterans to wear their WW II awards (without any NS symbols) again.
I canīt imagine any serious reason to produce a DKG 1957 style variant of a medal which was never donated or awarded. IMHO a fantasy piece.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
Tenente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Kraut View Post
Referring to the German Deutsches Kreuz Wikipedia article 20 samples of DKG with diamonds were made by the Munich company P. Rath in 1942. But the DKG with diamonds were never donated/awarded.
The orders law from 1957 enabled veterans to wear their WW II awards (without any NS symbols) again.
I canīt imagine any serious reason to produce a DKG 1957 style variant of a medal which was never donated or awarded. IMHO a fantasy piece.
You're the second person to tell me that. Now, When I took it to the Jeweler He told me the Stones were glued on. Hopefully they can be removed if that's the case, I'll do that. As I questioned before. I Can't understand why someone would go through the trouble of making this in silver, just to add fake stones to it and make something that never was. Unless they thought it would increase the value.
But I appreciate this feedback. Thanks Guys.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
bytown
Association Member

Not an original 57 issue.

Post it in the 57 Forum.

I'm sure they would like to see it.

Wayne

Old 02-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #5
Nigel N

Just spotted this!!!
Sadly, as already mentioned, not a genuine piece, even without the "diamonds" it is still not a DK made by any of the recognised makers, and looks to be a recently made fake.....
A seller on German E-bay has just listed a load of fake stuff, a similar DK is among them.....
s-l1600 (237).jpg

s-l1600 (238).jpg

-Nigel

Old 03-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
Tom B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel N View Post
Just spotted this!!!
Sadly, as already mentioned, not a genuine piece, even without the "diamonds" it is still not a DK made by any of the recognised makers, and looks to be a recently made fake.....
A seller on German E-bay has just listed a load of fake stuff, a similar DK is among them.....
Attachment 4574277

Attachment 4574278

-Nigel
I agree with Nigel 100% Tom